The Quickening on Lulubell: Velicitron vs Grody Shogun

WHAT-IS: The Quickening is a whole new arena, one that pits painter against painter. And where you, the disconcerting collector will act as judge, jury and executioner. Your choice, your purchase, will seal the fate and doom one unlucky artist to suffer insurmountable humiliation. You will have blood on your hands
THE-quickening

Every few weeks Velocitron with battle it out with Grody Shogun - both who happen to be buddies and studio mates. The goal is simple, be the the first to sell out your painted run by any means necessary. As any contests, real or imaginary - there will be a winner, and a loser. The victor of tis contest will videotape the defeated on YouTube. Grody Shogun fires off the first salvo in self-promotion:

grody-shogun
GRODY SHOGUN: I am grody, I am gross, I am a virus, a spore growing on the surface of all the pretty things. I am small now but growing voraciously. I am hungry.

Grody Shogun is me. I am an artist and a toy making machine. I have giving up any sense of normalcy, in it's place I live and breath only to produce. I survive on the info passed down to me from the masters living and working in the sofubi world. I am a sponge soaking up any little bit I can. I do this for you and for I do this for us. We must cherish the old ways and do all we can to keep them alive.

This is my apprenticeship, I take it very seriously. My masters are all around me. I honor them in my work. I begin humble and my pricing will reflect that. As I grow and my skills sharpen I will to charge what the those before me charge. This is my bowing to you, the toy fan, the oddball, the lover of randomness, the collector. I work within this rich community of craftsmen and artisans. This living bivouac nourishes me gives me the strength to go on. I am grateful for this opportunity to connect with the living past and the vibrant present.

This is a commitment and a proclamation, I will not stop. There will be no rest. I am servant, a servant to sofubi. Join me.
THE-quickeninG

First up is Marmit x Amarpro's Penanggalan - Painted on a GID base with long flowing brown hair. She goes up for pre-sale on Saturday, June 25th at Noon Pacific for US$30 each. Super limited, equal sized runs. Available from lulubelltoys.com.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program. This affiliate advertising program also provides a means to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.

POPULAR-EST OF TOYSREVIL POSTS FOR THE PAST WEEK