Custom-Feature: 8" Dunny and Munny from Markie Darkie

MARKIE-DARKIE-CUSTOM

This duo of customized 8" tall Dunny and Munny from Markie Darkie is, well, quite simply awesome, and makes my miserable command of vocabulary seem pre-school in use. Here are oddles of images to gawk at, as well a quick Q&A with the artist!


[6 x images in slideshow above / Full-screen viewing]

TOYSREVIL: Was there any theme to these customs?

MARKIE DARKIE: Most of my clients give me the creative freedom when I work on commissioned pieces. I often ask them about colour palettes and they pretty much leave the rest up to me. I’ve been told my work is distinctively psychedelic.

TOYSREVIL: Where you listening to any particualr song/s when you customed them?

MARKIE DARKIE: Not a song, rather a Musical lol. This might sound weird but I was bored and came across Phantom of the Opera on Netflix prior to customizing the figures. That’s how the idea of the Masked Phantom (Dunny) and Phantom Skull (Munny) custom theme came about. I guess I somehow managed to twist the concept and translate it to custom figures. hahahaah


[6 x images in slideshow above / Full-screen viewing]


TOYSREVIL: Tell us, WHO is Markie Darkie?

MARKIE DARKIE: Ferdinand Mark Basa aka Markie Darkie is a multi-disciplinary. I work fulltime as graphic designer, customize toys and take pictures on the side. Please visit these links to see my work: www.behance.net/markiedarkie / cargocollective.com/masterfulmarkiedarkie.

As well he is available for commission work – do contact him via email markie-darkie@hotmail.com or add+message him on Facebook - search for "Markie Darkie".
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program. This affiliate advertising program also provides a means to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.

POPULAR-EST OF TOYSREVIL POSTS FOR THE PAST WEEK