Toy-Review: Brockmann Light by Groovisions


From Japanese design group Groovisions (groovisions.com) comes BROCKMANN LIGHT - a series of mini figurines featuring articulation at the neck and shoulders, and removable/interchangeable torso, very much like eBoy's PEECOLS and Pinky:St figures. I like toys with playability, or a semblance of, so this appeals to me particularly.

GROOVISIONS-BROCKMANN-VOL1

Produced by Cube Works and originally released in 2003, these Brockmann Light Volume 1 figures comes blind-boxed with this series focusing on "Extreme Sports". Previous series included a everyman/Workman-theme, and their Wild Animals series (aka Brockmann Light Vol: 2 - released around 2004) - which might be more familair with Asian countries, when it was released and circulated more readily than before, IMHO. The figure shown in particular here in the video is a "Motorcross" themed-figure.

GROOVISIONS-BROCKMANN-VOL2
GROOVISIONS-BROCKMANN

Standing 7.7cm tall, the figure/s are know for their crisp and clean lines, and bright eye-catching colors. When I first saw them, they reminded me immediately of Playmobil (which I grew up on), but a much "skinnier" version. But the clean design of Groovisions prevailed and I was converted eventually.

Other releases include the 13cm tall BROCKMANN figure, individually packed, with 3 designs to choose from (shown below). One day I hope to procure and own these as well. I do not necessarily "love" them, but would gladly have them in my collection, as they do embody a strong sense of "design" in their visual design-aesthetics, and I would love this to balance out the "art toy" aspect of my humble collection.

GROOVISIONS-BROCKMANN-01
GROOVISIONS-BROCKMANN-02 GROOVISIONS-BROCKMANN-03

(Additional images via Cube Works)
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program. This affiliate advertising program also provides a means to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.

POPULAR-EST OF TOYSREVIL POSTS FOR THE PAST WEEK