*I LIKE TOYS* Self-Published Fanzine Available Now!

I_LIKE_TOYS_ISSUE1-01
"Why a "fanzine"? Heck, TOYSREVIL already is an online weblog, so why attempt a venture down the path of the traditional "print" route? The reasons are surprisingly simple, and perhaps even altruistic and self-serving, and I would deny neither.

I had always wanted to 'publish' a fanzine, since the early days of Big'O magazine in it's zeroxed black-n-white state, folded and hand-stapled - for which I was insistent on replicating in this current issue-incarnation of *I LIKE TOYS*. Both extremely low-tech in it's presentation and ultimately "charming" (to me anyways) in it's notions of self-conceived "indie-spirit", which these days seem to be spectacularly overshadowed largely by glossy popular culture and luxe mass-consumerism - both of which have their own pros and cons - with which I recognize are necessities for the world to move beyond (if not 'evolve') stone-wheels carved out by neanderthals, only just a few paltry centuries ago … but that's another lament for another sort of fanzine :p
"
I_LIKE_TOYS_ISSUE1-02
"And I like the idea of having to hold unto something tangible. In this cyber-age of technology, where information-gratification is available a few touch-taps and www-search away, something you can hold in your hand (and fold and shove into your back pocket) is nigh desirable for me. And what is TOYSREVIL but for information (in this incarnation, anyways) in the first instance? We may not be the epitome of literary-greatness (never have claimed to be, and do not aim to be in the first place), but we aim to to provide folks with the necessary information to help navigate this culture we choose to dwell in. Ain't TOYS grand?"

Read more in the first issue of *I LIKE TOYS* - available NOW to purchase via this link (Cost of 'Zine = $0.00 - i had to put $0.01 as they wouldn't let me list zero :p - Cost of Shipping+'Handling' = US$10 each issue / one issue opera order please, thanks) - and my humble thanks to the contributors for their efforts and support for making my lil'dream come true!

Cheers
Andy Heng
Editor-in-Chief / Author / Publisher of *I LIKE TOYS*

I_LIKE_TOYS_ISSUE1-03
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program. This affiliate advertising program also provides a means to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.

POPULAR-EST OF TOYSREVIL POSTS FOR THE PAST WEEK