The Winner for 'Best Scene' in A Steampunk Perspective: Illustration Is Mike Ink



And the Winner voted for by the public for Best Scene in A Steampunk Perspective: Illustration is "HOLY EYE" from Mike Ink!

José Miguel López (aka 'Mike') works as Senior Art Director @ Dieste Dallas (Advertising Agency working for Heineken and Tecate), and we had a quick Q&A with his win:

TOYSREVIL: Now there has been a number of detractors questioning the lack of "steampunk" element in you're entry, and I myself noticed that until after I had listed you in the contest (but i did not when I first posted your entry tho). What do you have to say to that?

MIKE INK: I am a strong believer that my illustration did meet the rules of this contest. Steampunk is a subgenre of fantasy and science fiction where the art that is produced shows an era or world where energy is generated from steam. My illustration shows a rocket in the background and with fantasy as an element, my rocket works with steam.  Art and its interpretation are relative, nothing can be considered objective, on the contrary, everything is subjective. It all depends on the lens that is viewed.  Art is an aspect of life that will always be controversial.

TOYSREVIL: Congratulations nevertheless! What do you have to say / what is your impression about your win?

MIKE INK: I am happy to see that so many people supported me with their vote.

TOYSREVIL: Any words of encouragement or advise for folks entering Public Voting competitions like this? How to get in your votes?

MIKE INK: I would just say that a competition is never easy, it is bitter sweet. People can be a tough judge so just feel confident in your work and let others know it's out there. If a competitor thinks that he can not take the opinions of others, then I suggest participating in a contest where the final decision will be made by judges.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program. This affiliate advertising program also provides a means to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.

POPULAR-EST OF TOYSREVIL POSTS FOR THE PAST WEEK