Top Ten SDCC Toy-Wish-List by Justin Rudy

"A great convention is once again about to open its glorious doors to all of us nerds and vomit its sweet nectar of commerce! I can already smell the scent of finely produced exclusives permeating in the air. So, as the show swings into high gear this week, I bring to you a list. A list? Yes, a most important list! I submit to you, my top 10 most desired finds at this years San Diego Comic Con!" - begun Justin Rudy of Dynomight NYC ~ when I asked him to hit us with his Top 10 WANTS for SDCC!

"The very sad thing about all of this is that I can only choose 10. :_( I didn’t take into account the millions of products that are going to be there that didn’t make the blogs. This is unfortunate; I would really liked to have seen all the pieces before concocting this nerdy little list. But this article is on a very slim deadline, and time is of the essence! So we will just focus on the production designer toys being released this year. To the choices!"
JROO-SDCC-01

#10 HYPNOTOAD
I can’t understand why I would even want to pick this little guy up. There is just something so fascinating about it when I look into… his…eyes… 0___0 HAIL, HYPNOTOAD! (*Throws money wildly into the air!*)

#9 GID NEKOMITAINA
I love this little cat creature! It reminds me of a Shy Guy from Super Mario Bros. 2. It’s simple and wonderfully spooky in an adorable fashion. This little guy would look so awesome in any collection. (Especially in my collection!) I love the color and shape of the piece. And that heart … Awww! A definite must have!

#8 FONZO
Ham has a very unique and refreshing style about him. His design style reminds me a lot of the background art you would find in a Pink Panther cartoon. This character is adorable! His ugly little mug is like a train wreck. You want to look away, but you just can’t! He is totally worth the investment.

JROO-SDCC-02

#7 SKETCHBOT V6
I have all of the editions leading up to this release. So naturally I need to acquire this one to add to my collection. My OCD would not permit me to have an unfinished set! LOL! The grey and silver is extra classy. The character is simple, solid and awesome! I gots to get it!

#6 GRIM MARSHALL
Marshal rocks death properly in his formal gear by wearing only a bow tie and a smile with his birthday suit. PLUS he glows in the dark. (CREEPY!) This is one of those exclusives that is a must have for any designer toy collector. He's so cute! Party on, Marshall!

#5 DEADBEET
Dude, for real… I mean, fer realz … I LOVE, love, LOVE this little guy! He’s plump and ready for the pickin’. Deadbeet is a very well-balanced piece that has the most interesting shape about it. Plus, the whole monster beet angle is clearly a winner in my book. Parents, you want to know how kids see vegetables? You’re looking at it right here.

JROO-SDCC-03

#4 OMFG Color Mutation Action
OMFG, a Phantom Shithouse that changes color?! Why am I even still writing about this? TAKE MY MONEY!

#3 TRIPLE CROWN MONSTER
Do I seriously even need to tell you why I need this piece? Have you not seen it?! I mean, just lookat it. Monster. Crowns. Chris Ryniak. WIN!

#2 DRAGON BOY
This playful piece is so wonderfully balanced! The color, the style, the pose, it has it all. This would look really good on my desk. (Or anywhere else in the house for that matter.) I don’t have room for too many pieces these days, but I think I would be willing to take down a piece or two to make room for this little guy. It’s a very well crafted fun piece!

JROO-SDCC-04

#1. GREASEBAT
Little did Jeff Lamm know that his wonderfully fun character would bring so many toy people together! We hunted him down. We networked and called people to get our hands on the next exclusive. Greasebat is a true treasure hunt for us designer toy collectingfolk! Greasebat is the Jell-O in my collection. (As in, there will always be room for him somewhere.) I don’t think I could ever fill up on this awesome little monster. The character is solid. Chauskoskis’ sculpt is beautiful! His story origin is amazing! It’s one of those type of characters you really don’t mind buying multiples of. Once you start collecting him, you really can't just stop at one. :)

WHAT'S THIS ABOUT THEN? So, instead of me yakking-on about what "I" desire, I got a few friends to pitch in with their WANTS for SDCC instead! Justin Rudy shares with us his Top Ten TOYS-Wish-List for San Diego Comic Con - and his reasons "why" - with all the above being in his own words!
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program. This affiliate advertising program also provides a means to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.

POPULAR-EST OF TOYSREVIL POSTS FOR THE PAST WEEK