Top Ten SDCC Toy-Wish-List by Paul Shih

WHAT: So instead of me yakking-on what I WANT, I got a few friends to pitch in their WANTS for SDCC instead! Paul Shih shares with us his Top Ten TOYS-Wish-List for San Diego Comic-Con! And hearty TOYSREVIL-congratulations to Paul for his KAIJU SUSHI being nominated in the "Best Self-Produced Toy"!

PAUL-SHIH-SDCC-01

#1 Helper Dragon Bronze by Tim Biskup
WHY: "I love the seriousness of heraldic sphinx mix with Tim’s signature Helper head! Such a perfect medium for this ‘seriously fun’ piece! since this is a wish list, I’ll go wild here, 1 of 5 Tim Biskup bronze sculpture, MINE! :P"

#2 FAT TONY ANTIQUE VERSION from Ron English
WHY: "Bummed that I missed the original Fat Tony release, I dig the cereal series art by Ron English, so clever! I think this antique edition is the best colorway so far, closest colors to the original art I believe?! (most notably the scarf color)"

#3 Dragon Boy Toy by Martin Hsu
WHY: "WOW-ed when I first saw the prototype pic awhile ago, amazing amazing piece, well designed character and it looks to be one of most outstanding production this year!"

PAUL-SHIH-SDCC-02

#4 Cactus Rocker by tokidoki
WHY: "I love punk rock music, and I can see those elements in this figure, this got to be my favourite Tokidoki piece to date, WANT!!"

#5 Ren 2 from Crazy Label x Bubi Au Yeung
WHY: "I have a Ren ver. 1.0 now facing my computer screen 24/7, hoping he will get bad eye sight and becomes ver. 2.0 Ren! This is just sooooo adorable, one of the set toys that I actually like every pieces of the accessory!"

#6 Image of Misfortune Cat for "…Of All Ages" by Scott Wilkowski x Ferg
WHY: "I love the original Misfortune Cat, never thought it could end up this way, in a very good way! Scott sure took Misfortune Cat to another level, loving the details and mysterious look! Besides, as a toy maker myself, I know how much hard work is involved here!"

PAUL-SHIH-SDCC-03

#7 Wooper Looper by Gary Ham
WHY: "I like kaiju or weird creatures that are cute and original, this is a good example! I also like the effort Gary put into with the woodblock printed header card, adds the extra uniqueness to this unique toy!"

#8 Deadbeet by Scott Tolleson - Early Blue Edition for SDCC
WHY: BEVIL needs some veggie friends, and Deadbeet would make a good one, they are both grumpy veggies hehe, by the way, I love Scott’s creations, fresh stuff!

#9 Mari Inukai's GID Nekomitaina
WHY: "I understand designing a good simple toy can be very challenging, and this is simplicity done right! Many GID toys are just gimmicks and not necessary, but GID seems working really well on this figure with that cute little heart!!"

#10 64Colors's Marshall + Gumdrops
WHY: "I’ve been greedy here, I’m just hopeless with cuteness! I want both grim Marshall & Gumdrop from 64Colors! They are utterly cute, everyone should have a few of these!!"

#Reserve Kidrobot for SDCC 2012
WHY: "Don’t want to exclude Kidrobot just because I can’t see what they are dropping for SDCC this year haha, as they usually have some quality stuff that I need! Nice silhouette photos BTW! :P"

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program. This affiliate advertising program also provides a means to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.

POPULAR-EST OF TOYSREVIL POSTS FOR THE PAST WEEK