The annual TOYSREVIL-contest returns this year with ZOMBIE PAGEANT 2! An online beauty pageant contest with a warped-twist, with 2012 specifically focusing on "art toy customization" - streamlining the massive influx of participants from 2011 into a single source of enjoyment for folks of this blog! So this year they'll be no paper toys, illustrations, just "custom toys"!
We'll play it a little different from last year, this time with dedicated Judges deciding WHO the Top Winners of the Zombie Pageant will be, as well a "public vote" aspect where YOU decide who is your Pageant Queen/King is to be!
Participants will also HAVE to answer a simple question, along with their submissions: "What Would You Do To Help The Coming Of The Zombie Apocalypse?"
A total of 3 Judges will be in the panel. Let's put our gnawed-out bloodied-palms together for "The Master of Customs-Macabre"; Jay222, the "Proprietor of The Playmobil Apocalypse"; Zombie Monkie, and the winner for 2011's Zombie Pageant, Mac P. Volante! (I will be the moderator for the contest this year)
AWARDS + PRIZES:
>>> The Top Prize of "Most Attractive Zombie" - as picked by the Judges - will receive a surprise custom from Jay222!
>>> The 1st and 2nd Runner-Up will each receive a surprise from Jay222!
>>> The "People's Favourite" Pick will be awarded a custom-Playmobil set from Zombie Monkie! Say hello to "Marvin the Magnificent and his Lovely Assistant"!
I am looking for flesh-eating limb-gnawing brains-devouring "ZOMBIES", not "space mutants", "aliens", or "dopplegangers" (you say "Mutant Zombie" or "Space Zombie", you need to back up your claim!).
And while this is to be an all-ages contest - No explicit genatalia or anatomy-privates are to be shown, but if necessary will be blurred out or with an attached *Adult Warning*. But gooey-brains and gushing blood is a-GO! muahahahaha
- Customs must be made within this year, completed between January 1st 2012 to NOW. The custom/s have to be YOURS and not an image grabbed from the net from other's work. This is a "customization contest" based on art toys, and not a "toy photography contest", so submissions of production toy images will be not eligible.
- Submissions of works previously submitted to other contests will be assessed individually. Works which have won awards will not be eligible for this contest. Give other folks a chance, yeh? :)
- Do not forget to include your name/nick and a website URL-address to your work, along with the Pageant Question that needs answering. Failure for either will render the submission VOID.
- And absolutely no photoshopping of effects or blood or enhancement of said image. Unless it is a separate and additional "advertisement" of your custom.
- I explicably reserve the right of submission refusal, with no warning or explanation provided whatsoever. My decision is final.
- Contest Starts NOW and Submissions END on October 1st, 2012 @ 12noon Singapore-time (+8 GMT). The Judges will then deliberate and choose their TOP winner/s and will have them announced on the TOYSREVIL-blog on Halloween Night on October 31st, 2012!
- Finalist submissions will also be posted on the TOYSREVIL-Facebook, for Public Voting to choose their "Public's Favourite", with the sole winner being announced on Halloween Night as well.
ALL entries are to be emailed in to toysrevilcontests [at] gmail.com - with the subject title; "ZOMBIE PAGEANT 2012 SUBMISSION".
Images to be submitted are to be no lesser than 4 x images (showing the front and back, both left and right sides) and no more than 6 images (no montages please). Size is to be no lesser than 500pixels across.
All submitted images will exclude text of any form. If you intend to include Copyright Notice at the base of your submitted image, please do so discretely - appreciate it.
NUMBER OF SUBMISSIONS:
A maximum number of 5 submissions per person per address! (But multiple entries from the same person might be showcased together in a singular blogpost).
There is absolutely no guarantee given that your submissions will be showcased or featured on the TOYSREVIL-blog, so please do not ask me to. Thank you.
ONCE AGAIN, YOUR JUDGES:
The Panel of Judges choosing your potential fave zombie of the year are:
- Jay222 @ jay222toys.blogspot.com
- Zombie Monkie @ www.zombiemonkie.com
- Mac P. Volante @ www.facebook.com/maczomb