Toy-Review: Nemesis (Blitzspear Edition) by Pete Fowler x Unbox Industries

NEMESIS-BLITZSPEAR-01
NEMESIS-BLITZSPEAR-03

Received my NEMESIS The Warlock ("BLITZSPEAR" Edition) figurine today. Housed in a blister tray with pull-out card backing, this 15cm tall depiction of Pat Mills and Kevin O'Neill's irrepressible Nemesis from the 2000 AD comics has since been designed by Pete Fowler and made by Unbox Industries.

And while I was keen to procure the "wood" version, this glossy-silver edition was purchased here for US$28.50 (sans shipping). Two things bugged me: (1) That the backing card was stuck to the plastic tray via sticky-tape at the back, which I could simply slice open with a cutter, but the cardboard backing is mucked up.

NEMESIS-BLITZSPEAR-04

The second thing which irked me quite a bit, was that the figure could not stand on it's own, or rather mine could not. Nothing a little blu-tac could not help make it secured to the flat surface of a display shelf, but rankly I would rather like my figures to stand properly, thank you. Takes quite a bit of fun out of it if all it could do was lie around, IMO.

Other than the gripes, the figure itself is particularly sweet! Loving the sculpt, and the shape-details on the back, something not shown via online promotional images. And the electroplated shiny-glossy-silver over this in-articulated lil'guy makes me want to go worship the almighty slice of my childhood, innit? *LOVES*

NEMESIS-BLITZSPEAR-05

And while I am unsure if this is a vinyl figure or not, the spikes / horns and hands are actually "bendable" ever so slightly. In the end, the joy of my childhood being manifest via a stylized design, makes up for the material make of this collectible, IMHO. View more images uploaded HERE in this dedicated Facebook album. I for one am interested to see how the other colorways look in-hand / in-person.

In any case I am just glad to be seeing a number of 2000AD-characters being made into toy, like from 3A Toys (which I am currently dutifully collecting the A.B.C. Warriors from), not including the earlier released "action figures". Would love to see more releases in an "art toy" slant too!
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program. This affiliate advertising program also provides a means to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.

POPULAR-EST OF TOYSREVIL POSTS FOR THE PAST WEEK