"13 Questions for 2013" Answered by Ratking

WHAT: "Earlier in 2013, I interviewed 13 Creators worth looking out for, and for the end of 2013, I had asked a select few to list "13 Things Which Made My 2013"."
Anthea "Ratking" T. chose the "13 Questions" option (yes, I do provide "options";p) and this is the result! While conspicuously quiet on the TOYSREVIL-blog, seems things have been a'brewing loads, for which Anthea instagrams to keep your interests piqued! [This was Anthea's Interview]


TOYSREVIL: Describe how 2013 has been for you, in 13 words.

RATKING: Full-of-change, "Woah I'm an aunt for the third time already?", technical, tiring, burning out stinks, educational, "I graduated!", London in Summer, London in Winter, cold fingertips in winter, the occasional bouts of amnesia, achy feet and good memories.

TOYSREVIL: What is the one thing folks might not know you did in 2013?

RATKING: I teach kids on the sidelines, ha hahhahahhahaahahah.

TOYSREVIL: Share with us your most triumphant / memorable moment in 2013?

RATKING: Hm. I think that has to be finally letting my family know that I tattoo. They've always hated the idea of tattoos and tattooing, but now they're almost converts.

TOYSREVIL: Share with us your saddest moment in 2013.

RATKING: Earlier this year I left what I always felt to be my "dream work space" due to certain circumstances. It was particularly difficult because I had previously built my life all around that place, spent years there growing up. So when the time came for me to leave it felt like a break up. I never gave myself the opportunity to deal with and get over the situation, but letting negative thoughts sit and fester will always impede room for progression. Bad events in life are like farts - just takes some time for the cloud of stink to dissipate and go away.


TOYSREVIL: Which is your favouritest toy of 2013, which you own?

RATKING: Definitely this purple hand-painted Oi! Cthulhu by my buddy and super skilled resin slinger Daniel Yu. It's so cool! The works that Daniel Yu comes up with never fail to amaze me. Also he's really easy to scare, which makes sharing a workspace with him extremely fun.

TOYSREVIL: Which is your most desirablest toy of 2013, which you did not buy? (And why didn't you buy it?)

RATKING: InstinctToy's 'Pastel Rainbow Inc'!

I didn't get it because I was too broke.


TOYSREVIL: What do you spend the most time on: Facebook, Instagram, or Your Own Work?

RATKING: It's a tie between Instagram and my own work. Instagram is useful because it helps kick me in the ass - everyone posts something they work on daily, so sometimes I feel like the world's laziest person and scrolling through my feed is motivating enough for me than anything else might ever be. Technology, you good.

TOYSREVIL: What do you think about "Selfies"?

RATKING: Have selfies taken over the world? I dunno, self-love is alright.

TOYSREVIL: Which song or track would you use to describe your overall experience of 2013?

RATKING: Sleep rules. This is my soundtrack.


TOYSREVIL: Would you rather be a Wookie or an Ewok?

RATKING: Ewok.

No questions asked.

TOYSREVIL: What do you think was the single most memorable event on planet earth which marked the year of 2013, for you personally? and why?

RATKING: This. This was a pinnacle moment for me as I was traveling in London when this happened. Though I wasn't part of the country, being able to witness a country progress positively was truly inspiring. The streets that day were full of joy and love. It was perfect.

TOYSREVIL: What are you most looking forward to in 2014?

RATKING: Traveling and creating.


TOYSREVIL: What should folks look out from you in 2014?

RATKING: Me and my partner-in-crime SKL0 are working on a little something, a collaborative outfit of sorts that's motivated by the DIY-or-Die ethos and inspired by the graphics that stem from skate culture. Here are some sneak peeks of one of our first few releases that we're currently working on perfecting:



RATKING: It's a two-part teleporting bunny!

We'll be working on producing toys and fun stuff like zines and prints, all 100% handmade from the sweat and blood of constant trial and error. It's been nothing short of wonderful so far and I'm really looking forward to be putting more elbow grease into this adventure.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program. This affiliate advertising program also provides a means to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.

POPULAR-EST OF TOYSREVIL POSTS FOR THE PAST WEEK