Ritzy Periwinkle Answers "How Was 2013?"

WHAT: I asked a select few folks how their 2013 was, and what should folks expect from them in 2014, and this is what they shared with TOYSREVIL…



RITZY PERIWINKLE: My 2013 was one of the craziest, most fantastical ever! As of January of 2013, I was about 2 and a half months into being a first time mother to The Supernatural Bear.

I'm a solopreneur, so 2013 was about balancing all my new roles while still hustling and grinding. I'm beyond fortunate that I didn't have to go to an office after 3 months and miss so many major milestones that go down within the first year of life.  I was there to witness every single amazing new development. The sacrifice was that with the little quiet time I had I had to devote that to my clients and that left little juice in my brain to create for myself.

In October, I felt I might be ready to create again so I agreed to do an illustration for the "99 Deaths of Jar Jar" for Designer Con then my second illustration of the year was for the Wonder-Full 8 Los Angeles that celebrates Stevie Wonder (he's one of my all time faves).  Slowly but surely, my personal creative groove was returning.


RITZY PERIWINKLE: 2014 is all about transitions and checking shit off the list.  My goal is to finish all commissions/projects I am behind on while working on new themes and directions within my own work. I'm looking forward to seeing how my work will evolve after the couple of years I have had.

I will be relaunching my site in March, working on a resin figure to be released later this year and will continue recording The Nerd Out Podcast. Unfortunately, Ya Yeard Show is no more. We were all too busy and it was difficult to get everyone together to record. We had a great run and mad fun. 


RITZY PERIWINKLE: Word on the street is that the AOS SE ASIA/Little Lotus Documentary is almost complete. Daniel Zana shared a rough cut with Woes, J•RYU and I recently and it was such a roller coaster of emotions seeing it. I want to thank you again Andy, thank you and your amazing father for the hospitality and for linking us up with Jeffery of Flabslab.  

Beyond the above, I'm open to whatever comes my way this year. Last year was 100% devoted to the Supernatural Bear, as he depended on me soo much especially since I was breast feeding (TMI? hahah dude still freaks me out that I was able to do that, milk dude, produce milk!!!) The Supernatural bear doesn't depend on me in the same way now so I'm able to make different types of moves this year.  The only constant is change kids so I'm excited to see what lies ahead.

Onward and upward.

Look for Selina Briggs on the www via:
www.ritzyperiwinkle.com
Behance
Instagram
Twitter
Blog
Facebook
Online Store
thenerdout.com
NOTE: All Images in this post were provided by the artist, because Marisa is a rock-n-roller!
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program. This affiliate advertising program also provides a means to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.

POPULAR-EST OF TOYSREVIL POSTS FOR THE PAST WEEK