"Permit me to introduce myself…" (#TBT #bloglife)


I remember first starting out wanting to blog about toys and offer toy-news, some semi-odd 8 years ago; I 'cold'-emailed as many artists and toy-makers/producers as I could find then, introduced myself and my intentions, and asked to be put on their mailing-lists (if any). Sort of like "job interview requests" lol - but I had wanted news straight from "the source", so this was the only way I knew how, then.

Til this day, I still introduce myself as such. Never expecting anyone to "know" of my blog, much less who I was/am ... It would be too arrogant of me to assume otherwise, IMO.

Many had actually replied 'then', and a handful have retained correspondence thru the years of my humble blogging (for which I am mucho grateful!). Even then there were a small handful that had not replied since before, and remain so, unfortunately.

Some news make the day, some stories remain buried for abject "eternity". Some people thrive, some folks close shop or stop making art (for public consumption). Some folks have chosen to remain inclusive, some folks push thru the crowd, and continue to make themselves be heard, and seen. Yes, there have been "stories" aplenty, indeed!

Some remain as "news-bites" in archived back pages of the blog, while other online friends gained thru these years, have provided victory armchair-dances, for myself personally, and yes even "heartaches".

This industry/sub-culture has seen its share of ups and downs, through the years of me being a collector, and now, a humble "archiver" of the scene, and I am grateful to be a small part of it, in my little corner of the world.

Thank You.

Cheers
Andy~"Feeling Nostalgic"~TOYSREVIL

(Above pic Instagrammed)
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program. This affiliate advertising program also provides a means to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.

POPULAR-EST OF TOYSREVIL POSTS FOR THE PAST WEEK