San Diego Comic-Con 2014 #onTOYSREVIL


(Pic via @jermainerogersart)

And by the time Monday morning in Singapore (Sunday night in the U.S.) when I logged on (after a splendid Sunday out with friends), I was met with images of struck down empty booths only IG streams, and I felt a heap tinge of "sadness" … "OOhh poppy, the Con has ended?"

Even since covering the mecca of geekcons online since 2007, being exposed to onslaught of what I had deemed to be "where I can be the most comfortable and happiest in the whole world, in the paradise which embraced my geekery" - I longed for the day I breathed in the stank air of the con (or so I am told ~ LOL), and I used to be truly upset for missing out, year after year!

But since surviving Stroke in 2010, my personal goal has evolved somewhat. I have grudgingly come to grips that that might not happen in my mortal life, and that maybe events closer to home in the East, is more reachable a "goal"… every year SDCC just seems even further and further away, ya know?


Due to personal finances, I have chosen not to purchase or mule a single toy
from the event … But it doesn't mean I didn't want anything, ya know? LOL
(Pic via IG @OriginalFunko)

But NO, this is not a tale of woe and nor a lamentation of bitter tears need shedding! And no, I refuse to be "bitter" about not being "there", and I would prefer to THANK folks for sharing the Con with us! To everyone who Instagrammed, Tweeted or Facebooked images from the con-floor; THANK YOU. And I am able to vicariously life my geekdom thru your pics, and I mean that!


"Free Toys"? Oh you tease relentlessly me ssooooo!
(Pic via @nikejerk)

Remembering having to go to numerous website just a few years back, and sniffing out event pics I could pilfer to repost on my blog … then fast forward to the "now", where the trend veers heavily towards social media platforms offering instant visual gratification (which I still pilfer to repost on my blog - don't judge me pls ;p) - it helped narrow down the clutter, to be presented with a miniaturized window-view to the event, smaller than a standard laptop screen, and slightly larger than camera viewer, and closer to the size of a camera phone picture window, and for that I am for once, grateful to "technology" :)


I too want to lick my toys with glee and abandonment,
and not be judged … (Pic via IG @bananapoons)

I am sure in the coming days, genre websites will begin to reveal even more than they might have before, and we too shall continue to celebrate what had gone on for the past 4+ days … and the "wait" begins anew for SDCC 2015. And that, I too am excited about :)

I can only hope whatever share I had on the blog for SDCC had offered a decent entertaining read, and you can continue to do so by CLICKING HERE (for event coverage) and HERE (for pre-event features). Thank you for reading TOYSREVIL :)


(Seeya next year SDCC! Pic via @martinhsuart)
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program. This affiliate advertising program also provides a means to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.

POPULAR-EST OF TOYSREVIL POSTS FOR THE PAST WEEK