TOYSREVIL in 'Detention Class' @ Detention Barracks #bodindetention



I went for "Detention Class" on a Sunday, not because I did anything "wrong" (Gawd knows I'm not exactly a "saint", but…) … and while we might have been one person short of "a criminal, an athlete, a brain, a basket case and a princess" (if you do not get the reference, you might be too young for me to explain it, so just roll along thru, no worries ;p), the art from members of Band of Doodlers was a sight I need to breathe in, before the exhibition closed, so I can gather strength to placate my inner demons ever ready to burst forth for 7th month!



The variety of art and styles ranged from everyday to refreshing. I mentioned "everyday" with a dose of reverence I reserve for my memories of my dalliance with indie black-n-white "alternative" comicbooks from my 90s, which haunts my sensibilities to this day, imagine me being a "horror" fan, as it were! The everyman lines from Daniel Clowes, Peter Bagge , the beatnik begrudged, to the fantastical tomorrows from 2000AD. And it was refreshing to find some in spirit, in #bodindetention.

But while not alienating the older-generational demographic such as myself, there were heapfuls of anime pop culture inspirations, to Spongebob Squarepants! I'm just glad I am not "too old" to miss out on the references *smiley*



'Detention Barracks' head-honcho Yeo Hong Beng with his fav piece of art
from Anjo Bolarda!

And while I've posted serial features on the art, I too was quite intrigued with the custom-Munnys, and had wants to see them first hand and up close for myself. Not too bad for some whose work was the very first time they've attempted a custom toy, actually.


Artist Daniel Yu with his fav Munny custom from PEDMONS!

The full spread of snaps have since been uploaded HERE on my Facebook album (P/S: Artists of the artwork to please feel free to tag yourselves, don't shy!)

"Detention Class" exhibits thru to August 10th, 2014, and as well if there's any product(s) that interest you and you want to throw money at, so check in with bandit@bandofdoodlers.com. Quite a few of them have the aim of proceeds benefitting charity too.


We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program. This affiliate advertising program also provides a means to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.

POPULAR-EST OF TOYSREVIL POSTS FOR THE PAST WEEK