#affordableartfair 2014 Instagrammed on @toysrevil


The "problem" I face these days, with regards to "art", is that my personal preferences has drastically veered from my notion some semi-odd decade ago, when I was knee deep in a weekly local (Singapore) television program about "the arts" (for three seasons/series, no less *snort*), whereby my said-notion of the arts, was molded and shaped by the artists and folks we featured and interviewed locally in Singapore. Although I was hardly "convinced", but I digress …

The landscape then was pretty different from now, but yet remains the same, IMHO

With my #previousworklife quasi-firmly behind me (who am I joking? We can leave the job, but the job never leaves us LOL), my personal tastes has veered towards what could only be termed as "lowbrow art" - less "thrift-store" and more "pop culture inspired / hijacked / riffed". And with that in mind, the 2014 AFFORDABLE ART FAIR suited my "touristo" tastes to a T! (FYI: I do not deem myself to be a "connoisseur", so being an "interested tourist" works for me :p).


But the "downside" to my bloggery attempts for the past nearly-decade (FYI: The TOYSREVIL-blog will celebrate 10 years of existence next February 2015), was that my focus somehow veered to 3-dimensional sculpts, and who aesthetics looked more "toy" or "collectible", rather than the freeform-splendor of the arts LOL

As well the artwork and canvases that caught my eye (I was wearing an eye-patch, 'nuff said) were more pop-culture related. The aesthetics of "Chibi" / super-deformed "cute" also resonated deeply within me ... I felt like such a "fluff" at times, but hell, I enjoyed myself thoroughly!

But hey, this is a measure of "myself" and of my own very personal tastes, and definitely not of my "evaluation" of the artwork displayed :)


Featured here in this post are a small selection of images I instagrammed on @toysrevil, and mostly uploaded HERE on my dedicated FB album, which sadly might not provide the information which I will continue to update on my IG instead (ie: Name of Artists, Gallery it belonged to etc). In time I will attempt to update the info, as well as upload MORE images (I snapped more than I intended to anyways muahahahahaha) … meanwhile, ENJOY!


FYI: The #affordableartfair #aafsg14 is located at the F1 Pit Building, Singapore - and fills up the length of two entire floors (L2 & L3). I never truly saw the entirety of L2 but I had an impression I would've enjoyed it more hahahaha.

Opened Nov 20th, the last day is on Sunday November 23rd, from 11AM to 6PM. Tickets are priced at SGD$15 per adult.

PRESS: "November marks the return of the fifth edition of Affordable Art Fair Singapore! Calling all art enthusiasts, art lovers and art novices, step through our doors for a visual treat that is sure to keep you within your budget. This year, we are excited to bring together 108 local and international galleries showing artworks priced between S$100 – S$10,000 from more than 950 artists. Not to forget our exciting features of the fair such as our Young Talent Programme, Under $1000 Wall, Art Education Programme and many more." (affordableartfair.com)
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program. This affiliate advertising program also provides a means to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.

POPULAR-EST OF TOYSREVIL POSTS FOR THE PAST WEEK