TOYSREVIL @ Creative Market 2014

WHAT-IS: "The only local event which puts Original Contents and their creators on the centre stage AND supported by a full range of complementary programmes Creative Market aims to promote fun and interactive communication between content creators and the public! With a slew of activities from Talks and workshops conducted by notable industry figures, to a Comic Arts mini Exhibition and carnival style games developed from original titles by local artists, Creative Market aims to be a fun Day Out that brings together original creators and fans of locally created content- from children to adults!" (Read More)


I had discovered this event via an Instagrammed pic from D'creativeaholic actually, and had initially thought it was "just another" flea market, until I searched and read the above write-up. Not being entrenched in the local indie creative / comicbook illustration scene, it is no small wonder I had not know about this event, unfortunately.

I had popped by the one-day-only event on Sunday at the ground level foyer at National Library (*via the instance of my Mum actually hahahaha) after an entire morning spent at the Affordable Art Fair, and caught the tail end of the event before closing time at 5pm.

Unfortunately I did not even go beyond a couple of tables (seemingly bathed in the gloomy darkness of the downcast sky with no artificial lighting to illuminate a predominately visual event), having met Jerry Teo, and chatted as Ray Toh was closing shop LOL

And swell meeting you Jasmine and Ujin (of Cats Are Tiny Studio)!

Here is what I had gotten at the event, although I never got to meet nor chat with Clio (again, thanks to my Mum for picking these up LOL).


From images on the event's Facebook page, seems the day saw a splendid crowd! (Top pic via). Organized by tcz Studio, here is hoping the event would reach out further towards folks not necessarily involved in the already existing scene, and endeavor to inform and embrace folks beyond.

The community seems a strong one (viewed on as an "outsider" like myself) and hope that "support" would grow beyond artists-supporting-fellow-artists, to the public embracing the artists, IMHO. Regardless my personal impressions, I'd definetly be looking forward to the next event :)
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program. This affiliate advertising program also provides a means to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.

POPULAR-EST OF TOYSREVIL POSTS FOR THE PAST WEEK