TOYSREVIL @ Sunday Sketch Jam by RSCLS


The "triumph" I achieved today, was turning up for the Sunday Sketch Jam at RCLS HQ in Aliwal Art Centre, and "publicly" doodled a couple of pieces, which will make their way to Jakarta for display at Gardu House, somewhen in December!

Starting 2pm and ended at 6pm, this one-day-only event saw a room packed with folks and artists drawing on elongated pieces of paper, on communal tables. A table lined with catered food (not your usual fried beehoon and fried fishballs b.s. - RSCLS always sorts out good eats ;p), and the space was sorted. The cupcake company was a nice touch LOL


ZERO from RSCLS mentioned that the aim of this event, was to get folks chatting and interacting with each other, as most times at urban art events, you'd most often get to see the artists working on walls, and having a chance to chat when they take a break.

This was a once air-conditioned setting (#WIN) and to me, a very welcomed event, which would be great to see more and often of, IMHO.

Me? I am just selfishly happy for myself I crawled out of my comfort zone and joined the public hahaha … and maybe next time I'll pluck up enough courage to say "hi" to other folks :p

*shy-smile*


The only "facepalm" moment I had personally achieved, was forgetting to bring my own tools/stationary for drawing! A bout of silent panic later, I doodled on with whatever I had, and thank goodness for the color markers RSCLS provided at the venue! Shown above are my two pieces: "10 Years of TOYSREVIL" and "FIGHT!" … And then I saw SKL0's and SHEEP's pieces, and I suck thumb … BUT that is to be expected, of course! LOL


We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program. This affiliate advertising program also provides a means to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.

POPULAR-EST OF TOYSREVIL POSTS FOR THE PAST WEEK