Anime Festival Asia 2014 Opens December 5th


The 2014 Anime Festival Asia launches tomorrow Friday December 5th thru to Sunday December 7th @ Suntec Singapore Convention & Exhibition Centre, taking up the entire 6 x halls on the 4th floor, which is epic by itself! Besides the three days of revery, of particular note are the (public) opening times of the event = from 9AM to 9PM daily! Main Stage and "I Love Anisong" concert timings are different from this, and you can refer to them here (Event Guide).

Tickets can be purchased on the 3rd floor, Price per entry is SGD$13 per day for Exhibition Only, SGD$23 per day for Exhibition & Stage, and SGD$88 per day for Exhibition, Main Stage AND Concert. (Ticketing), Shown here are some snaps from set-up day!




Besides brands promotion all things Japanese, there'll be anime screenings on the main stage as well as in specific booths, and of course, COSPLAY - with this year featuring a hosts of cosplayers, not to mention a myriad of "non-official" folks who would line the entire 3rd floor foyer by the windows, as they do yearly.



One of the key proponent of the annual AFA I would be preoccupied with, are TOYS (if I couldn't afford any boxed awesomeness, I could at least score some gashapons, no? :p), with a keen eye out for collectibles from Attack On Titan, maybe Tiger & Bunny and Ghost In The Shell: ARISE … here are some event exclusives to be had from Good Smile Co and Bandai:




Another aspect of AFA I always look out for, is the "Artist Alley" - this year dubbed "Creator's Hub", where indie artists and fanart rule, and I am always down with that! I know ZiQi of MonsterLittle (booth C64) and Shenly Yee of D'Creativeholic (booth C67) will be on boothing, so it's always swell to meet familiar faces!



I am intrigued at what "battle" entails, with the tagline being; "Catch the best illustrators in Asia battle in out on the AFA FUTURE ENTERTAINMENT Stage on all 3 days of AFA! Who will be the winner?"

TOYSREVIL might not be known as a www-venue that ply the cyber-highways of J-Pop culture on the best of days, but the excitement appeals to me greatly, and I hope to share my curiosity, my touristo-otaku ways, and hopefully my joy - at the very least via my Instagram @toysrevil 0 hashtag #toysrevilafa14 :)

As tight as my personal budget may be, I hope to at least walk away with some swell mementos of my time at AFA, and it may well be a pair of SUSHI SOCKS - as long as I am one of the first 200 persons to answer a questionnaire tho LOL


We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program. This affiliate advertising program also provides a means to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.

POPULAR-EST OF TOYSREVIL POSTS FOR THE PAST WEEK