"Anime & Me" on #iNotOtaku!

"Growing up, "Anime" was a fun distraction for me, outside of western comicbooks from brands like MARVEL, DC, Dark Horse etc and even 2000 A.D., and as well western cartoons had my devotion for a period of time when ads for cartoon toys were found in comicbook pages - hence the interest then, I suppose. Thinking back, as much as I lauded them, I did not actually own that many of them, turning my childhood toy collecting focus on Playmobil and model cars instead..."

"It was not until decades later, when I had embraced and reformed new opinions of anime, thanks to the medium of long form feature films, most notably via local Film Festival screenings, actually. Classics like AKIRA, JIN-ROH, GHOST IN THE SHELL echoes firmly through my mindscape, and eventually genre bending projects like PAPRIKA, GIR WHO LEPT THROUGH TIME left me emotionally shaken and converted to the allure and power of ANIME!"

Self-quoted excerpts of my blogpost on #iNotOtaku! titled "Anime & Me".

And as the TOYSREVIL-blog evolves through it's decade in existence, I have since chosen to dedicate most anime-related newsery to the new blog, while still maintaining a primary focus on "art toys" here - which I understand might further alienate my readers who enjoy seeing all genres in a single spot - for which posts like this would help point to where to go to :)

With this I'll go celebrate Mother's Day this Sunday with a yummy home-cooked luncheon, followed by viewing my current Anime watch-list!

Cheers. and have a fab Sunday yourselves, folks!

Andy TOYSREVIL

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program. This affiliate advertising program also provides a means to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.

POPULAR-EST OF TOYSREVIL POSTS FOR THE PAST WEEK