Future Shock - The Story of 2000 AD! DVD Releases Dec 7th

Future Shock - The Story of 2000 AD!

The anarchic and unruly history of 2000 AD, the Galaxy's Greatest Comic... FUTURE SHOCK! Available now on iTunes, Amazon Instant, Sky Store, Sony, Google Play & xBox. On DVD Dec 7 http://amzn.to/1TzivG1

Posted by 2000 AD on Friday, December 4, 2015
DESCRIPTION: "The anarchic and unruly history of 2000 AD, the Galaxy's Greatest Comic... FUTURE SHOCK! Available now on iTunes, Amazon Instant, Sky Store, Sony, Google Play & xBox. On DVD Dec 7." (£7.99 on Amazon UK)

"2000 A.D." played a crucial part in my comicbook upbringing, having discovered the publication in my teenage years, specifically 16-onwards, in the mid 1980s, when my desires for sequential paneled illustrations of fictional characters with powers grew beyond Marvel and DC Comics, and had by then even embraced Chinese manhwa as well (ironically even tough my Mandarin had sucked and I could not read as well, I devoured the images LOL) - all of whom meant I was stretching my measly teen-dollars to sate my desires at a go … but I remember grudgingly it was not for lack of funds which led me to "giving up" weekly 2000 AD issues at the newsstand, but rather the newsstand was giving me too much hassles, with constant missing issues and lack of stock, even tho I had "reserved" them (or so I thought) … and sadly they just gradually faded away and was replaced by a myriad of other comicbook incarnations…

Funnily, one of my fav "reasons" for 2000 AD, was the cheap "newsstand" papers that the issues came printed on, so much so I refused buying trade paper backs of stories, because they were printed on pristine white paper! Come to think of it, maybe I'd been after the "feeling" or "memory" of holding the issue, than reading the stories contained within?

Regardless, I need me this DVD still, innit? #GIMME

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program. This affiliate advertising program also provides a means to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.

POPULAR-EST OF TOYSREVIL POSTS FOR THE PAST WEEK