Bjorn Lim's #TopTenToys2015

WHAT IS #TopTenToys2015: "I'd asked for YOUR Top Ten Toys of 2015, and THESE were what you shared with us on TOYSREVIL! I will be featuring your lists on the blog in the month of January, so hit me with your favs via "toysreviler [at] gmail.com" - and have a fab toy year in 2016!"

Bjorn Lim collects a whole lot of toys I like, in both art toy and 1/6th-scaled genres (very much like my own tastes, but of course I am not in his league :p), and looking at his Instagram @kopiwriter, both excites me and leaves me with envy … toys are evil, and so is Bjorn's IG ~ LOL

All words and pics below belong to Bjorn! And CLICK HERE to see his list from 2014, if you so please!


#10 - Pogola by Dan Rie

WHY: "I'm may not be a huge kaiju fan but I have a small kaiju itch which acts up once in a while. This figure triggered and scratched the itch. Just look at this adorable little monster! I really dig the sculpt and colours."


#9 - Customised Bun Bun by Brent Nolasco

WHY: "When I first saw the Bun Bun sculpt, I knew I wanted it in red (my favourite colour at the moment) but it wasn't available. Brent Nolasco was really kind to customise one for me. The details are fantastic, and those eyes are simply spellbinding. This one has a special place on my toy shelves."


#8 - Skulkey by Coolrain Studio

WHY: "I have always wanted a figure from Coolrain, so this is a great score for me. There are five variants, and this skull head sculpt is my favorite."


#7 - SMD5 "E.V.A." by Jeff Lamm and Unbox Industries

WHY: "I'm a big fan of Jeff Lamm's work, so this brand-new 23cm tall monster is a must-have. I totally like the colourway, which is a tip of the hat to the Evangelion anime. Double the dopiness!"


#6 - Kiefer by Prodip Leung

WHY: "There's something about the sculpt and the glossy finish that makes this toy irresistible. It's like the Kate Upton of the toy world. You just can't help but like the way it looks."


#5 - CaRB by 1000toys

WHY: "Girls like bad boys, men like badass toys. This is 1000toys' first released villain. On top of the unmatched poseability that 1000toys figures are well-known for, it has an absolutely menacing look, an awesome mechanical arm and leg, and hidden blades."


#4 WWR Dirty Deeds Bertie MK1 by Bigshot Toyswork, Threezero and Ashley Wood

WHY: "This was one of my holy grails when I started collecting threeA figures in early 2010. The dope weathering on this big bot is really impressive. You can't get bots like this from threeA nowadays, so this is really special."


#3 - The Secret Master by Devil Toys

WHY: "This is a top-notch 1:6 figure. The product photos were awesome, and the on-hand figure proves that Devil Toy is the rising star of 1:6 toy makers. The head sculpt, weathering, paint application and number of accessories are really on point."


#2 - The Lamp by Sticky Monster Lab

WHY: "Ok, technically, this may not be a toy but that doesn't stop me. Sticky Monster Lab has been releasing really awesome toys, and this figure combines both functionality and (toy) form. It's a winner!"


#1 - Darth Vader by Hot Toys

WHY: "Finally, a 1:6 Darth Vader with LED-lighted lightsaber and built-in sound effect functions. You could almost hear Star Wars fans cheering everywhere. The Force is strong with this one!"
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program. This affiliate advertising program also provides a means to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.

POPULAR-EST OF TOYSREVIL POSTS FOR THE PAST WEEK