Toy Soul 2018 Ends & A Toy Tradition Has Been Broken...


And so the 5th Edition of the annual TOY SOUL event in Hong Kong wraps up the (toy) convention circuit for the year 2018, while Super Festival Vol.79 raged on in Japan on Sunday, and the inaugural Toy Art Philippines happened at Ronac ART Center (We'll be taking a closer look soon too) over the weekend. Regardless "big" or "small"-scaled events, it had been a fruitful year (no doubt) for toy-fans & collectors!


(Above video in Cantonese language / No English subs)

My blog-focus had been on Toy Soul this weekend, but alas did not secure any collectibles - unlike previous years - where I’d bug my HK-based friend (*Thanks Winston!) to help score me figures, in this case character figures from Prodip Leung x How2Work, for 4 years straight actually!

With my personal finances in constant flux, I’d “always” work out how much I’ve not spent for the rest of the year, and treat myself to a collectible before the year ends, and since Toy Soul happens so close to the end of the year, and had been somewhat of a "ritual", a personal "toy-tradition" for me to mark the end of the a blog-year … but alas, I’d not done so for 2018’s Toy Soul. Not just ‘coz there are no Prodip-toys, but perhaps there are just TOO MANY I WANT … so instead I got one of my own figures together, and did a quick snap (Pic up top), to remind myself not to be too toy-greedy (#truestorybro), and to be grateful for what I have, instead :)

Nevertheless, showcased below are montages of my #2018ToySoulToyWatch-blog features, just in case you might’ve missed them the first time around :)

FYI: The originator/creators/brands are tagged in the image caption, so you might want to click forth and enquire about any post-event availability of their goodies? The show might have ended, but your toy hunt continues!

Cheers
Andy TOYSREVIL









We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program. This affiliate advertising program also provides a means to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.

POPULAR-EST OF TOYSREVIL POSTS FOR THE PAST WEEK