Cliff Uchida’s #TopTenToysof2018


The following #TopTenToysof2018 was shared with us by Cliff Uchida - whom I had invited (on Instagram) to share with us his list! And don't forget to read the embedded Insta-images for more of his impressions of the toy! You can check out MORE of his collection via Instagram @clifftron1986! Thanks for sharing!


#10: Robo Rex resin figure from @bluedinoskits

I bought this at the Silicon Valley Comic Con. It's a resin figure named Robo Rex. I love the overall design, especially that mono-eye. The weathering with its chipped paint look is a real nice touch.


#9: My Home Cat Blind Box figure from Fluffyhouse

It's such a cute, simple cat figure. It comes in a variety of different patterns. I wish I had bought a few more.


#8: Fungisaur "Paradots" figure

I love the blue doe-eyes on the Paradot. It looks like he's begging you to take him home with you,haha. It's my favorite Fungisaur creature in this toy line. How can you not fall in love with it?


#7: Funko's Mini Nicktoons Rocko and Filbert figure

These figures were surprisingly nice, especially Filbert. He looks much better in this line compared to the Kidrobot version.

View this post on Instagram

The biggest haul (and biggest surprise) for me was being able to buy not 1 but 2 @hinatique Morris Cats (and 3 if you include the Vinyl Artist Gacha version) at DCon! I've always heard people raving about these cute kitties online and I would have been just as excited to get just the small VAG version. The figures are hand painted and the buttons on the jacket are actually metal buttons, which I had no idea about. I always assumed they were molded on already and painted with a gold paint. The Morris Cat with the teal greenish coat and grey pants is actually a special edition version that was only available at the @ficklewish booth. The standard blue version and the mini version were at the @wronggallerytaipei booth. The artist herself was at the Wrong Gallery booth and I asked for her to sign the blue Morris Cat. If you get the opportunity to buy one of these adorable Morris Cat figures, do it! The standard sized ones are pricey but it's well worth it. I hope I can buy more of the mini ones and the OG standard green version 😄 #designertoys #arttoys #morristhecat #morriscat #cat #vinylartistgacha #hinatique

A post shared by Cliff (@clifftron1986) on


#6: Morris Cat Teal Green coat version from Kaori Hinata

I've always heard people give rave reviews of these Morris Cats and they always sell out at events and conventions but I was really happy to get not just one, but two full size Morris Cat figures (and a VAG version of the Morris Cat) at Designer Con. The Teal Coat Morris Cat was a Fickle Wish exclusive. It's so cute. It's no wonder people love these Morris Cats.


#5: TriDino Granite Edition from Unbox Industries and Ziqi

I've always been a fan of these Dino characters from Ziqi. I was able to finally get my hands on a TriDino when I missed my opportunity to buy one when these grey TriDinos were first announced. I was really impressed with the size of this figure. It's such a simple but very cute design. I really hope to get my hands on a regular Dino some day.


#4: Boba Fett Nano TEQ63 from Quiccs x Devil Toys

This is the first designer toy I bought from Quiccs. I was very impressed with this figure! Solid build and the colors look really good! I really love the design for it, especially the head design. It's no wonder Quiccs has a solid reputation as a toy designer.


#3: "Hut Sut Raw Rocko" vinyl figure from The Nickbox

I'm a huge fan of Rocko's Modern Life and when I saw that this exclusive figure was coming to the Nickbox lootbox, I knew I had to get it! It is based on how Rocko looks in the camping episode "Hut Sut Raw". It looks really good. I love the details on the backpack.


#2: Pete Fowler "Bran" Janky from Superplastic

This was one of the designs I fell in love with when the Jankys were first announced. I love how vibrant and crisp the colors are on this Janky. However, I can pretty much say the same thing about all of the Jankys. They were all very well designed in general.

View this post on Instagram

This cute lil (big) guy came in the mail recently. The artist is Tung Tai. I remember it being featured on @thetoychronicle a while back. He's a velociraptor named Echo from the Jurassic Park or Jurassic World movies. The artist also made Blue but I personally wasn't a fan of the blue color being used for the body. Echo looks pretty damn nice, even if the pattern is rather simple. It reminds me of Gon. What sold me on the figure were its giant puppy eyes. It's so cute! It's a tad pricey (especially factoring the shipping/handling fee) but the build quality is excellent. Dinosaur fans and vinyl toy fans should definitely buy this if given the chance to do so. #vinyltoys #velociraptor #jurassicpark #jurassicworld #echo #tungtai #playtoysforever

A post shared by Cliff (@clifftron1986) on


#1: TungTai's "Echo the Velociraptor"

It's such an adorable little dinosaur vinyl figure. I remember first seeing it on an article on The Toy Chronicles and instantly falling in love with it, haha. Its big, cute doe eyes really sold me on it.

[ Above authored by Cliff Uchida ]
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program. This affiliate advertising program also provides a means to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.

POPULAR-EST OF TOYSREVIL POSTS FOR THE PAST WEEK