Daniel Yu for "ByeBye2018 Hello2019"

WHAT-IS: "ByeBye2018 Hello2019" is a serial feature where select artists share with us their past year in 2018, and what to expect from them in 2019!"


TOYSREVIL: How was 2018 for you? Share with us your most triumphant moment(s) in 2018. What did you find the most disappointing of 2018?

DANIEL YU: Done and dusted! Wasn't the best of years on the personal side of things, but on the professional front it was pretty awesome. The highlight was definitely getting to see my Lunar Beast and Cleric characters turned into giant sized inflatables as part of Atypical Singapore, an initiative by Chan Hori Contemporary and the Singapore Tourism Board. The works traveled to Moscow (which I was lucky enough to tag along with), Yangon, and this year the showcase will be brought to India and Thailand as well.


TOYSREVIL: What is your most favorite toy, or piece of art you've seen in 2018?

DANIEL YU: There's just so much good stuff these days that it's hard to keep up with. While I get most of my art fixes from social media, my favorite toy purchases for 2018 are NECA's Pennywise (classic and 2018 versions), love what that company is doing!


TOYSREVIL: What are you most looking forward to in 2019? Any plans for your work, for the new year you can share with us?

DANIEL YU: I only managed to create 1 new sculpt in 2018 (The Bird Shaman), so I'm looking forward to keeping my head down to sculpt more in 2019. I'm working on something new right now!

TOYSREVIL: Share with us, WHO you are and what you do?

DANIEL YU: I'm Daniel and I'm a sculptor and toymaker.

Insta @thedanielyu
Facebook
Covered #onTOYSREVIL


( Daniel You booting at Illustration Arts Fest 2018 )
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program. This affiliate advertising program also provides a means to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.

POPULAR-EST OF TOYSREVIL POSTS FOR THE PAST WEEK