TOYSREVIL for '12 Days of Xmas' (2012)

WHAT: With 12 days leading to Christmas Eve on December 24th (not counting the 21st, when it could be the "End of the World"), I asked 12 friends a series of 12 questions, and I share their answers with you, my dear readers! So why the heck am I doing the Q&A? Well a friend dropped out at the last moment, and it would not be fair to approach anyone last minute, and because I immensely dislike leaving a "gap", I am my own backup plan to plug it. So read on, have fun, and stop whinging about it! MUAHAHAHAHAHAHA
QTN#1: Describe how 2012 has been for you, in twelve words!

TOYSREVIL-ME: Excitement! Anticipation! Nervous… Disappointments. Regrets. Embrace. Sadness. Anger. Reality. Reinvigorated. Doubtful. Surviving. A roller-coaster of emotions rather than events (but ironically feelings due to events unfolded) … But if it's one word, it would certainly be: "HEALTH".

twelvewords

QTN#2: What is the one thing folks might not know you did in 2012.

ME-STILL: I ventured overseas to Bangkok in March, invited as a "Judge" for a design contest, and ended up covering for it on my blog as well (which was not in my plans in the first place), to the detriment to my personal health (as I am still recovering from Stroke), but regardless of what had transpired, or not, I am grateful for the opportunity. Hey, I survived the trip, met old friends and made new ones, and breathed another day. And I launched my first ever self-published fanzine at the same time!

contest-judge
[10 Things I Did In Bangkok - including wearing a too-tight-blazer that I have since retired to the closet]

QTN#3: Describe to us yourself in three words.

STILL-ME-LAH: CHINESE. SURVIVING. SON.

QTN#4: Draw a self-portrait.

ME-NEEDS-TO-LOSE-WEIGHT-DAMMIT: Tis ironic, when I drew an eye-big and an eye-small for my blog-mascot, and now my eyes are the same, the result of my Stroke affecting my vision! LOL

TOYSREVIL-SELF

QTN#5: Share with us your most triumphant moment in 2012.

ME-LOR-HAIYOOOOH: There were essentially three milestones I crossed: traveling overseas, gave a public talk (thanks, Pat Law!) and attending STGCC - which turned out to be my most "triumphant".

Was being able to push thru my personal health issues to helm my own booth at STGCC. Truthfully, I had been battling personal health issues and lack of physically ability to interact with the world outside my front door for pretty much the entire year (high blood pressure effects and constant dizziness), and being able to withstand 2 straight days of being on my feet, meeting folks and friends at my booth, was a personal triumphant! Of course recovery after the ordeal was excruciating, at best LOL

TOYSREVIL-STGCC
[Click to see Folks @ TOYSRVIL-booth #F51 in STGCC]

QTN#6: Share with us your most embarrassing facepalm moment in 2012.

ME-AHBUTTHEN: OHGAWDS too many to share! I recognize I have a tendency to "over-share", which leads to either people unable to react, or disbelieving my blunt straight forwardness, or even end up offending folks? I wouldn't know otherwise, as folks begin to "disappear" regardless, and I have since learnt to shut my gap … well, more "often" and "always" tho :p

QTN#7: Which is your single most favorite non-toy-related website in 2012.

"LIKE"-ME-CAN?: Facebook, without a doubt. I have since embraced it and chose to nurture it mores than my other online venues … although admittedly it does relate directly to my blog hahahaha

FACEBOOK-BANNERS
[Facebook Header Banners Free To Use HERE]

QTN#8: Better to Tweet It, or Instagram It?

ME-YES-IM-STILL-HERE: Twitter is no longer as effective in providing me entertainment beyond bloggery alerts and news-gathering, and I have since embraced the notion of Instagram (when I got a hand-me-down iPhone from my brother). I remembered when before I was much against Instagram when it came out - like, "What's with the filters, man? I want to see the true colors of the item!" Now, I absolutely adore using it, AND the filters! MUAHAHAHAHA

TOYSREVI-INSTAGRAM
[A snapshot of my daily #TOYPIXDAY on Instagram, and yes, i snap FOOD too ;p]

QTN#9A: 'Are you an Autobot or a Deception'?

EH-OR-OR-EH-ME: Frankly I'd rather be a Decepticon, only because Autobots always nearly "win" not because of skill, but due to "luck", IMHO! (Decepticons lose because of "ego", so I can relate hahahaha)

QTN#9B: 'Are you for the Imperial Army or The Rebellion'?

ME-HAVE-NOT-FOUND-THE-DROID-I-WAS-LOOKING-FOR: The Rebellion, because I'd rather not be a nameless drone in the Imperial Army, a scavenging bounty hunter mercenary for hire, or a Sith Lord under that wrinkly-skinned-Emperor's wrath! Where's the glamor in the Dark Side? LOL

Otherwise I'd be a pretty happy Sith. Dark hoodied-cowls ROCK! :)

QTN#10: What is your most favorite toy or piece of art you've seen in 2012?

ME-LOVE-TOYS-WHAT: I would say I was extremely impressed with Bandai's Tiger and Bunny action figures from Tamashii Nations - having had the chance to purchase a Wild Tiger and Barnaby Brooks Jr at Anime Festival Asia, I had since tracked down and consumed the anime series, and purchased more characters in the canon - and THAT, to me, makes it a "success", whatever genre it may be!

As for "Art Toy"-genre specific? Look out for my "Top Toys of 2012" articles to come soon-ish!

TOYSREVIL-TIGER-BUNNY

ME-LIKE-ART-MAH: As for "art", I am slowly embracing the realms of 2D again, as well beginning to purchase prints - which I have not in the past, because ironically I do not have wall-space for them! But one of my plans is to eventually populate that one single 8' x 3' wall-space right behind my bed-head, with awesome framed pints and posters! The trick is to frame them and hang them, by myself, because physically it is a chore for me, but will be my "challenge" for 2013 to conqueror!

And no, I know that is not a specific answer to "a piece of art" I saw in 2012 - Hey it's MY Q&A to have fun in! muahahahahaaha … In actual fact, I am crafting another entry about "art", so that'll be another read for somewhen :p

ROOM-WALL
[Wall to be filled]

QTN#11: What are you most looking forward to in 2013?

ME-ME-MEEEEE: For the world outside: to see an elevation of craft to another level of recognition and perhaps even acceptance. The general public (in the scene) choose to look beyond the "intent", and rather look at the shiny fancy result. "Skills" play a more important part that "concept" or "idea". People no longer care how something is done, and would rather blindly embrace the "golden-glam" standing front of them.

Hard-work no longer means squat, it seems. I look forward to be seeing more recognition in people's efforts, beyond the conveyor-belt parade of eye-candy, in 2013.

For myself: To be able to achieve my goals. Simple as they may be, but it's a harder challenge for me because of my lack of physicality, and finance, my biggest crutch and excuse, I admit.

QTN#12: What should folks look out from you in 2013?

TOYSREVIL-ME-I-HAVE-NEVER-LEFT-YOUR-SIDE: Tricky question. There is actually an ideal "destination/s", I just need help and support to reach that destination. More will be revealed no doubt when plans become more tangible … And I will be focusing a lot more energy into publication aspect of TOYSREVIL. Believe you me, I LOVE TOYS, but sometimes they might not love me in return as much, truthfully…

But regardless, I have since locked in my booths (yes, 'plural') for the Singapore Toy Games and Comic Con in August 31st to September 1st, 2013, and I intend to have more fun next year! Will you join me? :)
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program. This affiliate advertising program also provides a means to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.

POPULAR-EST OF TOYSREVIL POSTS FOR THE PAST WEEK