Brandon "Bwana Spoons" Answers "How Was 2013?"

WHAT: I asked a select few folks how their 2013 was, and what should folks expect from them in 2014, and this is what they shared with TOYSREVIL…

TOYSREVIL-SAYS: I was "lucky". This was the very first time I DMed the artist known as "Bwana Spoons" out of the blue, and had seeked his participation in this Year-end-wrap-up Q&A-scheme, and he replied. I've long been a 'errand'-fan of his work, but never truly been able to fully grasp at, or label "it", but seems I came at the tail-end of his next artist-evolution, and I am grateful for Brandon sharing with us...


BRANDON BWANA SPOONS: January 2013 I was very focused on a globby graphic novel. I don't think I even came close to finishing. But it inspired me to do other things that bumped along the year.

Toy wise. I got Jeff done on my own. Which felt pretty big. And Gargamel produced Teenage Randall. I also started working in instead of just on, my own studio. Favorite trip was probably... going to the desert and picking up my Giant killers.



(Below: "Spacehorse Jeff" to be released Friday Jan 17th)



BRANDON BWANA SPOONS: 2014. I seem to be pretty focused on painting right now, being a painter again. My big plans for the year are to expand the universe of Gravy toys. Starting with getting Lonny (jeff's brother) made thru a kickstarter, and to travel to rapa nui towards the end of the year. Two simple biggish goals. Let's see how i do.


(Previews for "Moonmen of the Pink River" can be viewed @ helliongallery.com)
NOTE: All Images in this post were lifted from Bwana's instagram @bananapoons by myself and were not provided by the artist.


We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program. This affiliate advertising program also provides a means to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.

POPULAR-EST OF TOYSREVIL POSTS FOR THE PAST WEEK