bart qee custom by veggiesomething

TOYSREVIL: what's the name of your custom?

VGS128: Chaos and Menace.


/// READ MORE HERE

TRE: how did the custom gig come about?

VGS128: I'm not sure what the arrangements were actually. Along with some other artists, I was asked to participate in this Bart Simpson Qee customs show via Rotofugi. They said that it was for a charity auction that Toy2R was organizing for the upcoming San Diego Comic Con.


TRE: what is your custom concept about? and why did you choose this concept?

VGS128: Well, Toy2R needed the customs back fairly quickly so I knew that I had to do something that was kind of simple so that I could finish it in time. My two rules for myself were (1) to not to do a "Bart Simpson as..." custom (i.e. Bart Simpson as the devil, Bart Simpson as Batman, etc.) and (2) to keep the original qee's shape intact. These two rules kind of worked against each other a lot unfortunately. Nonetheless, a thought came into my head - like what would happen if heavy metal met streetwear in Japan? I based my custom on that thought.

TRE: rawk-on! ... are you a Simpsons-fan?

VGS128: Yes, indeedy! In fact, our old band used to take a 30 minutes break from practice every Sunday night just so that we could watch the Simpsons.

TRE: do you think Bart is a pain-in-the-ass or is he just misunderstood?

VGS128: I think Bart is a little of both.


TRE: if you were a Simpsons-character, who would you wanna be and why?

VGS128: I think I would create my own character. I would like to be the character that "out Barts" Bart and create a trail of chaos and menace. Ha, ha ,ha...

TRE: why do you think the Simpsons-character skin is yellow?

VGS128: Oh, didn't you hear? It's because they are actually Asian! Ha, ha ,ha... Either that or they are not getting the proper nutrition in their diet. Eat your veggies!

TOYSREVIL: cheers for the time and trouble, James! and in closing, maybe you could tell us WHO IS VEGGIESOMETHING?

VGS128: Veggiesomething (aka. James Liu) loves the art of character design and would like nothing more than to work one day for a character factory where he can crank out one character line after another. Thus far, he has created three character lines: fizziefuzzie, House of Liu and !united by destruction! (website coming soon). He also generally loves run-on sentences, fragments, and crushed ice.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program. This affiliate advertising program also provides a means to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.

POPULAR-EST OF TOYSREVIL POSTS FOR THE PAST WEEK