Artwork-Preview: Friends of Magnus Maximus by Joe Ledbetter

CLICK THRU for artwork preview images by Joe Ledbetter for his June 4th show at Corey Helford Gallery [blogged] featuring the baby-Griffin named MAGNUS MAXIMUS, who introduces us to his friends (and enemy), Charles, Malice and Friday!

Personally I reckon tis cool that Magnus is being made more of a tangible "viral" character, rather than a painted plastic toy on a display shelf (or trapped within a window-box), with folks creating a lore around his life and activities, and of fans' embracing that notion, and playing along. *Nice*

TOYSREVIL-SAYS: A good design gives it form and desirability. A story gives it "life" and longevity.

MAGNUS-MAXIMUS-CHARLES

MAGNUS-SAYS: "This is my best friend Charles. Even though he's a really old lion, he's super cool. He's been helping me find my destiny. This is a photo of me when I was blue!! (how embarrassing) I've been molting ever since, and have been changing colors."

MAGNUS-MAXIMUS-MALICE

MAGNUS-ADDS: "This is my arch enemy Malice. I used to be her pet locked up in a cage. We were happy friends until I discovered the vast world outside my cage. She's been hot on my trail ever since. As you can see she has grown quite angry, I'm not sure how much longer i can keep running..."

MAGNUS-MAXIMUS-FRIDAY
MAGNUS-SHARES: "...this is my true love Friday!! She taught me how to fly :)"

[All text + images via Magnus Maximus facebook]
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program. This affiliate advertising program also provides a means to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.

POPULAR-EST OF TOYSREVIL POSTS FOR THE PAST WEEK