Brent Nolasco for Contemporary Figurative Modifications @ Toy Art Gallery (April 2-launch)

We've posted teaser snaps earlier before, now we've had a chance to hear from New York-based artist Brent Nolasco himself, as well a peep at more imagery, with a focus on as well Brent's artwork, for his 6-man show @ Toy Art Gallery launching April 2nd. These are Brent's submissions for CONTEMPORARY FIGURATIVE MODIFICATIONS, and as well a "home-coming" of sorts for the artist, who had recently took a break from the scene …

BRENT-NOLASCO-CFM-01
Brent-Nolasco-CFM-02
BRENT-NOLASCO-POPBOT

On The Absence From The Scene - BRENT NOLASCO: I decided to take some time off and slow down a little to gather my thoughts on what's the next direction I wanted to go in. For the past couple of years I haven't had time to explore and create without having a deadline or show. I spent my time off sketching and redefining my graphite drawing skills and painting. I haven't had time to be able to develop new characters and create some new ideas for 3-D sculpts that will be come out mid year.


Brent-Nolasco-CFM-01
BRENT-NOLASCO-CFM-02

On What's Happening In The Near Future - BRENT NOLASCO: I'm working on a couple of new collaboration pieces with different artists in resin. It's going to be a break from the norm. I'm try to show a little more depth in my work. I tend to get bored quickly when I have to do the same thing over and over. I always like to take risks and push myself to get out of my comfort  zone. That is why I took some time off from doing custom work. I felt a little to comfortable doing them and it seemed a little too repetitive and confining on the new approaches that I wanted to take in my artwork.

BRENT-NOLASCO-ART-TAG

On Contemporary Figurative Modification & The Scene - BRENT NOLASCO: The T.A.G. Show for me is just another great opportunity to show my work again in a scene I still love to be apart of. I have a lot of respect for all the other artist that are doing the same. In some ways I do feel like the T.A.G. Show is like my little come back in a way. But in my heart I feel I never left. All the friends and fellow artist that supported me through the time off while I was stepping back to reflect was helpful. I can't reality predict what's next for me in my art. If it's determined I really don't want to know about it. All I can do each day is make goals and keep on refining my skills to be a better artist.


[8 x images in slideshow above / Full-screening Viewing on a separate browser]
EVENT WRITE-UP: Toy Art Gallery is proud to present "Contemporary Figurative Modifications", a six man group show featuring Bob Conge/Plaseebo, Brent Nolasco, Jim Koch, Leecifer, TASKone, and Nerviswr3k. They take the art of toy customization to a whole new level, creating mixed media works of art. Vinyl, paint, resin and canvas merge to create a new toy art experience. From small customs to huge works, who knows what surprises are in store! Show runs until April 30th.
Check out the show Preview Page here
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program. This affiliate advertising program also provides a means to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.

POPULAR-EST OF TOYSREVIL POSTS FOR THE PAST WEEK