Presenting the 1st Annual ZOMBIE PAGEANT Contest on TOYSREVIL! Yes, it is an online beauty pageant contest with a warped-twist, with the most voted ZOMBIE being crowned the 'Most Attractive Zombie of the Year' on TOYSREVIL on Halloween Night, 2011! And when we say "Attractive", it might mean a whole lotta different things, seeing it's a bloody zombie with exposed brains and guts and all the trimmings of subculture gore! muahahahaha
Accepting submissions from 2D-illustrations, to custom art toys, to even Cosplay, finalists will then be chosen by our dedicated panel of Judges to go into a 'Sudden Undead' Public Voting Round, whereby the YOU - the Voting Public - will decide who is the one and only winner!
The Prize is a Trick-Or-Treat Grab-Bag of awesomeness including the following goodies:
01. Signed original artwork from Richard Page (artwork undrawn as yet!)
02. Space Zombie Figurine from Imagination Asylum Toys (shown above)
03. A pair of customized Zombie Playmobils from Zombiemonkey (shown above)
04. A MechaZombie Toasterboy original resin toy from Mongar Toys (number of your choice with what remains of the stock at contest's end).
05. A 'surprise' prize from Motorbot of DeadBear Studios (as-yet-unveiled).
And the Voting Public is not left out of the fun! A sole voter for the final winning Zombie will be randomly picked to win a set of Lenore figurines sponsored by Aileen Ye!
UPDATED: There is an Explicit Caveat to this contest tho: Submissions has/have to be a brand new work done within the last 6 months. It would be extremely great if it were previously unpublished in any way shape or form (of an undead zombie - the irony does not escape me ;p) but I understand some might be done within the recent timeline for various intentions, and want to be able to include that in this competition. It could ne commissions, or for fun, or event for exhibitions, but it has not to be previously entered for competoition or contests before.
Entries failing such terms will be deemed void and inadmissible. No exceptions.
UPDATED WITH NEW EXTENDED DEADLINE: Contest Starts NOW and Submissions END on October 8th, 2011 @ 12noon Singapore-time (+8 GMT). Select submissions will then be posted on the TOYSREVIL-blog, and as well posted up for Public Voting on the TOYSREVIL Facebook-page, and the announcement of the winner on Halloween Night on October 31st, 2011!
ALL entries are to be emailed in to toysreviler [at] gmail.com - with the subject title; "ZOMBIE PAGEANT 2011 SUBMISSION".
Each entry must come with the following:
01. Name of your Participating Zombie (whatever she/he/it is "called").
02. Name and/or Nick of Submitter
03. Your Contact URL / Website (if any)
04. If she/he/it has a story, we wanna read about it!
NOTE: All above is publishable.
Images to be submitted are to be no lesser than 2 x images and no more than 6 images (no montages please) for CUSTOM ART TOYS. If it is COSPLAY, please provide a full-body and a headshot. If you are submitting a 2-dimensional illustration, a single image will do (landscape or portrait is fine) no lesser than 500pixels across.
All submitted images will exclude text of any form. If you intend to include Copyright Notice at the base of your submitted image, please do so discretely - appreciate it.
While this is to be an all-ages contest - No explicit genatalia or anatomy-privates are to be shown, but if necessary will be blurred out or with an attached *Adult Warning*. But gooy-brains and gushing blood is a-GO! muahahahaha
There are NO RESTRICTIONS on the number of entries! (But multiple entries from the same person might be showcased together in a singular blogpost).
There is absolutely no guarantee given that your submissions will be showcased or featured on the TOYSREVIL-blog, so please do not ask me to. Thank you.
The Panel of Judges choosing your potential fave zombie of the year are:
- Aileen Ye of The Meddlesome March
- Richard Page of UME Toys / Rubber Rodeo
- Richard Dufresne of Imagination Asylum Toys
- Mikie Graham aka Zombiemonkie
- Erwin Cahyono of Mongar Toys
- Kelvin Olson aka Motorbot of Deadbear Studios
- Andy Heng of TOYSREVIL