> missing

i miss my comics. i miss them badly. very badly.

tis been nearly over a month (i think) since i've stepped into my fav comicshop. once where i had my weekly fix, had since become a place and routine to avoid, as i am near dead broke. i have barely even enough money to go to my shoots! (such fcuking irony this) much less go out of the house, to watch a movie, to have coffee with frens (new and old), to even have a decent meal. i resist the urge to call anyone and most times i even pray no one asks me out (unless itz their treat and they'd drive me home afters! AHAHAHAHA such a SAD DIVAFCUK! *PUI* ;p) a pair of 35-year old hands stretched out to me mum, asking for a small advance loaner = does nothing for my disposition and state of mind. one of the few reasons why i hole myself up at home ... but this is not about my financial status (that'll be in another entry somewhen) ~ itz about me comics ...

they've kept me company thru difficult and trying times. affording me the joy of escape into another world; of new adventures and dark mysteries, of bloodied truimphs and silent tears of defeat. a world outside my own reality. a world i sorely miss. how i long for the feel of crisp pages within my grasp. the distinct smell of brand new comics. the surprises that awaits with every flip of the page. the words that flows out of the panels and fills up my paralleluniverse that is my mind. the spinetingling feeling and emotions of reading a good story. the joy, excitement and awe in my heart of pouring over a superb illustration. comics who've kept me awake deep into the night and who've even kept a virgil beside me as i lay in slumber ... *sigh*

for tho reality might slap me hard constantly, my comics cradle me with care and reward me with magical kisses and fantasy rides; with a flip of a page and a sigh of bliss ... come back to me my comics i miss thee ...
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program. This affiliate advertising program also provides a means to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.

POPULAR-EST OF TOYSREVIL POSTS FOR THE PAST WEEK