we are scientists : with love and squalor

:: MUSIC ::
We Are Scientists is Keith Murray on guitar and lead vocals, Chris Cain on bass guitar and Michael Tapper on drums. and they rawk!

their latest album; With Love and Squalor; with their brand of epic-punk-rock, heightened by intense drums and heavy, wailing guitars ~ had kept me entralled for near a week now and i pound the streets and citylights with them firmly within my eardrums. and i dance a little jig-that's-not-really-a-jig, but more of a seemingly rejuvinated spirit, my steps seemed pacier and with purpose, my mood smiling with a low growl and the feeling is surprisingly good. they somehow manage to evoke a sense of the 80's for me (not that that's any indication of their sound, but mayhap it is?) - what with the good-old-days of Echo and The Bunnymen, The Cure et al (IMHO - me ears and memories are weird, i know) ... and truthfully, as much as they might sound like just any other current "brit-edgy-bands" (the Killers et al) out there now, they stand taller than most, and that's good enough for me :)

go read what pitchforkmedia has to say about the album ... me? im just enjoying what i hear :)

a few linkies to musicvideos (which can be seen on their webbie as well, click on "music"):
> Nobody Move Nobody Get Hurt = excellent!
> The Great Escape = a very familiar opening riff, but coolness nevertheless :p
> Inaction = this has gotten me tapping my weary-feet and bopping my head to no end :p
> What's The Word
*heh*
._.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program. This affiliate advertising program also provides a means to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.

POPULAR-EST OF TOYSREVIL POSTS FOR THE PAST WEEK