interview on the set of transformers

SuperHeroHype interviews Bay, LeBeouf, Fox, Duhamel and Gibson
- on the set of Transformers-movie (circa Aug 2006???)

[click-on to read interviews]
- Michael Bay let's in on who's the smallest and biggest Transformer-robot.
- Shia LaBeouf on the secret of his great great grandfather's glasses.
- Megan Fox on why she dreams of the Energon Cube and who's her fav Transformer.
- Josh Duhamel and Tyrese Gibson let go some tiny gems :p

... but if you're "lazy", read select "interesting-bits" ~ after the jump

*note: text below are edited*

/// CS/SHH!: We're seeing four cars here? Who?

Michael Bay: ... That's Ratchet right there [the ambulance], that's Ironhide the black truck, and that's a newly transformed Bumblebee. It started out as an old Camaro, becomes a new Camero, there's a reason for that in the script. and we've got Jazz right here [silver car]. Jazz, when you have full height on Jazz, I think he's about 13 feet tall. Bumblebee's about 16-17 feet tall. Ratchet's about 23 ft, 24 ft. Ironhide's very wide when he's transformed and he's about 26 foot tall robot. Then Optimus is I think 28. Megatron is like 34.

/// CS/SHH!: How do you interact with the robots? ... With the Autobots?

Shia LaBeouf: ... Right. Because they make first contact with me because my great great grandfather, Captain Archibald Witwicky, made first contact with Megatron in the 1800s and had – I don't know if I should be giving this all away.

/// CS/SHH!: Yeah, it's okay.

Shia LaBeouf: [I] had [a] language and maps burned into his glasses through a laser. And the glasses were passed on through lineage. And they wind up with me and me trying to sell them on eBay, as well as his other items – his compass and sextant and other things a 19th century seaman would use. And they come after me to retrieve these glasses, which have the directions to where the Energon Cube is at

/// CS/SHH!: Craziest thing you've done?

Megan Fox: We've done a lot of crazy stuff like that. For me personally, I had to break a window, an actual car window with safety glass and all of that. Mike, who likes everything very realistic, so I had to break it with a sledge hammer and then he wanted me to reach inside and open the car door so I'm scraping my arm across the glass to get in. and it wasn't high action, it was just actually like I had shards of glass sticking in my arm afterwards. It' real. So for me, that was probably the hairiest thing.

/// CS/SHH!: Why will girls want to see this?

Megan Fox: ... There's a really great kiss at the end. All girls like the kiss in "Spider-Man" and all that s**t, so that'll be in here also. It's just a sick movie. Everybody's going to want to be a part of it because it's so big.

/// CS/SHH!: What's going on with you and Shia before the robots come?

Megan Fox: He's not the nerd in school but he's that offbeat guy that everybody kind of knew. He's cool but he's just very strange and my character is dating the jock, as things go. There's the fight between the two of them because I'm stuck in the middle. Each has an interest in me. He ends up helping me out in a specific situation and in his personality, I sort of fall for him. I start to at least. I don't know how much I can give away. Anyway, there's something specific that happens. He's selling the glasses on eBay and that whole deal. I get sort of caught in the middle of this chase and that's how I get dragged along and become a part of the rest of the film with the interaction with the robots and all of that.

/// CS/SHH!: Do you have many scenes with Shia?

Josh Duhamel: A fair amount ... Now that we're all kind of come together, we met up at Hoover Dam and a lot of this final battle stuff is with him. We're going to work together in sort of, he sort of takes the thing that he has to and sort of does his heroic thing here.

/// CS/SHH!: Is there any talk about sequels?

Josh Duhamel: As far as I know, yes, but it's up to them. However ,they write it afterwards. Part of the contract was to do two, but as you know, they can go any way they want in the second one.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program. This affiliate advertising program also provides a means to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.

POPULAR-EST OF TOYSREVIL POSTS FOR THE PAST WEEK