MAD @ the vader project

TOYSREVIL: what was the genesis/inspiration for the custom? why wood veneer for the helmet?

MAD: I wanted to step outside my usual media of just paint. I had been working with a good friend of mine who has an amazing wood shop on some projects. We started talking about the Vader project and he mentioned some very thin veneer he had in his shop... A light clicked on in my head and he helped walk me through the veneer process ... Once the "hood" was done, everything else just fell into place.

TRE: are you a fan of Star Wars? an avid SW-collector? what do you collect?

MAD: I saw the first SW when I was very young at the theater... and pretty much grew up watching it. Def. one of my all time fav stories. As a kid I had all the toys and other merch that they sold. I only wish I still had some of that stuff... all I have left is an old ESB Yoda thermos from a lunchbox set :( But it def got me started at a young age collecting.

TRE: are you for the Rebellion? or is a proud Empire supporter?

MAD: My heart bleeds for the rebellion, but I def pledge my allegiance to the Empire.

TRE: if you were a Star Wars character, who would you (wanna) be?

MAD: Damn that's tough... prob. Vader. He commands respect at all times, and looks the coolest :)


TRE: If you were a Sith Lord, what would be your light-sabre of choice?

MAD: Um... prob dual light saber's... cause one isn't cool enough. Red ones of course:)

TOYSREVIL: thanks for the trouble Jeremy - you RAWK!

- who is MAD
- MAD's website + blog [images via]
- what is The Vader Project

MAD aka Jeremy Madl is based in Kansas City and has worked on all types of projects ranging from promotions to packaging, character design to retail and premium toys. Aside from his commercial work MAD has been working non-stop on his own licensed toy lines and brands under the MAD Toy Design label for the past 6 years with his first licensed figure line being MAD*L™. Apart from his commercial work and production projects, MAD’s been in a handful of shows and contests creating one of a kind pieces that push the design envelope to the next level. [via]
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program. This affiliate advertising program also provides a means to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.

POPULAR-EST OF TOYSREVIL POSTS FOR THE PAST WEEK