darren carnall and his 1/6-works

fellow-OSW member Darren Carnall (aka: "hunky_artist") sculpts
and paints 1/6th figures and and he has them recorded down on video:

... read my wee-chat with Darren ~ *after the JUMP*
 
TOYSREVIL: tell us about yourself, Darren ... what's your dayjob?

DC: My name is Darren Carnall (34) and i reside in Liverpool, United Kingdom. I used to  be a financial advisor, until a bout of epilepsy forced me to stop, at which point I started doing oil paintings as a hobby. Slowly people started buying them off me, to the point where I set up my own website to show and sell my pieces (http://www.pennylanepictures.com) I now sell my own paintings and get commissioned from people to do specific pieces to their description, or maybe portraits from photographs.


TRE: so what do you do exactly, for the 1/6th-sculpts?

DC: In recent times I've been spending all my time (12-14 hours a day!) doing 1/6 scale commissions for people. Either copies of resculpts I've done for myself, or repainting existing pieces for people to improve them from the factory paint job and make them look more like the actors that they're supposed to be. Some people have commissioned me to do custom sculpts of maybe themselves or friends/relatives.


TRE: busy times, yeh?

DC: At any one time I have about 40-50 commissions on the go... but once these are all done (I've just put a hold on new orders to let me acheive this) I plan to do my first proper sculpt from scratch.... General Zod from Superman II. If that works out then I'll be working my way through all my favourite films!

It'll be fun, and I can't wait to see what new works I will get done in the future!
 
TOYSREVIL: neither can we dude! looking forward to more works and videos from ya!

- peep more of Darren's work on his blogspot :)
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program. This affiliate advertising program also provides a means to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.

POPULAR-EST OF TOYSREVIL POSTS FOR THE PAST WEEK