day's end 21 june 2007

DISTRACTIONS
- tis ironic ... just when i've decided to blog full-time and devote my next journey in life to all-things TOYS - in the midst of my mind gearing-up for the upcoming toy-works to be done, distractions inevitably emerge = offers from my "previous" dayjob comes flooding back in, with another feature waiting in the wings and another short film project; to distract me from my current "task" (heck, i've no quarrel with "money", yeh? LOL but i've gotta and wanna feed my creative soul now dammit) ... ironic becoz previously it was the blog and toys that've proven to be the distractions to my "dayjob" ... and now the tables have turned and i've to somehow find the strength and fortitude to persevere in my new endeavours ... (or until my finances run dry) *LOL*

SABBATICAL
- instead of telling local (media) industry-folks that i've "QUIT" the industry, i'll either say tis "SEMI-RETIREMENT" or "taking a SABBATICAL" (which is not too inaccurate as well, seeing that i might still be teaching the trade :p) ... either way, i'd rather not want to explain too much to folks, for it'll be hard for "them" to grasp my decision much less understand what it is i want to do ... looks like i've gotta get thru this on my own... *heh*

STARTING FROM ZERO
- i can't say leaving behind over a decades' worth of effort and achievements, to start from zero in my newfound path, is "painless" ... but the thrill and excitement of the new journey overshadows any fears and/or apprehensions that i might have had (not that they've totally disappeared tho :p) ... and still along the lines of "irony", mayhap the feeling i have now is similar to when i first started out in the media line decade+ ago, yeh? and that's pretty interesting sensation for me :)
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program. This affiliate advertising program also provides a means to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.

POPULAR-EST OF TOYSREVIL POSTS FOR THE PAST WEEK