bart qee custom: michael kwong

TOYSREVIL: what's the name of your custom?

MICHAEL KWONG: Rusty Metal


/// READ MORE HERE

TRE: how did the Bart Qee custom gig come about?

MK: Well, Raymond talked to me at a airplane on the way to a show in Beijing, he asked me whether I was interested in painting a Bart Qee for him or not. And my answer was "Hell Yeah!"

TRE: what is your custom concept about?

MK: I have seen so many awesome Bart Qee painted by different artists in this year's TTF, and I was thinking of a way to crossover my Galaxy Bunch with the Bart Qee, Eventually, I decided to put element of my character Alpha, with some mechanical part onto Bart....well, it looked cool but seemed like something was still missing ... finally, I have my final touch with some acrylic paint to create a rusty-textured feel ... it was then that I had gotten what I wanted. I like robot kinda stuff very much, and I also like the washed-over kind of 'feel', like some old looking thing. I just did what i like, I think. It made me feel comfortable.

TRE: are you a Simpsons-fan?

MK: Well, I like Simpson, not a big fan though. When I lived in America, I watched Simpson's cartoon all the time. it's pretty funny.

TRE: do you think Bart is a pain-in-da-ass or is he just misunderstood?

MK: Well, I don't think he is pain-in-da-ass. I think he is just a naughty kid with ADD.


TRE: if you were a Simpsons-character, who would you wanna be and why?

MK: I kinda want to be the boss...but I don't know why.

TRE: why do you think the Simpsons-character skin is yellow?

MK: Well, I was thinking of the same question long time ago....I think maybe yellow can give people a more dramatic and more crazy look, I guess.

TOYSREVIL: thanks for your time and trouble Michael! maybe in closing you could share with everyone reading; WHO IS MICHAEL KWONG?

MICHAEL KWONG: Hello, This is Michael Kwong from Hong Kong. I am the creator of the Galaxy Bunch and the Clumsy Poppet. I am also an illustrator and running a graphic design house in Hong Kong. As you can imagine, I keep myself busy with painting, designing, or make models everyday, which i enjoy very much doing. Here is my official web-site www.locoism.com.hk, you guys can go check out my stuff. Or go to my blog @ www.xanga.com/thegalaxybunch to chat with me.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program. This affiliate advertising program also provides a means to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.

POPULAR-EST OF TOYSREVIL POSTS FOR THE PAST WEEK