taipei toy festival 2007 wrap-up: crazy label & veggiesomething

Crazy Label's 2007 Spring/Summer Collection [blogged] was out in full force this past Taipei Toy Festival, with Bubi Au Yeung's Treeson, Veggiesomething's House Of Liu and Metin Seven's Seamour Sheep & Marty Mole

i had the opportunity to bug to have a wee chat with both Andy Woo (head-honcho of Crazy Label) and House Of Liu-designer Veggiesomething (aka James Liu) about their personal thoughts and reactions to TTF = /// CLICK HERE TO READ

TOYSREVIL: how was the TTF this year, compared to previous years'?

ANDY: This is a Crazy Year. I don't have the actual numbers but I felt that the attendance was record high! On Sat the queue spans across several floors which is amazing.

JAMES: This was my second trip to a taipei toy festival.

I went to the one in 2005 as I had a Funny Club custom figure displayed for the Funny Club Show and my Fizziefuzzie character line was featured in the U.S. Artist section at the B.B. Birdy booth. I had a great time there so I knew that I had to go to another festival again. It was so nice being back in Taipei.

This year's festival was quite special for me as well. I had toys released by Crazy Label and I finally got to meet and thank Andy of Crazy Label in person. It was a blast doing a signing for the Di Di and Mei Mei figures and seeing people's reaction to them. It was also a pleasant surprise to see my Bart Simpson Qee displayed at the Toy2R booth. Finally, it was great to have met and to have hung out with a lot of the artists that I had loved and to get excited over new artists that I didn't even know about.

TRE: good trip all around! how was fan reaction to Crazy Label's products, Andy? and how do you think was the fan's reaction to MeiMei and DiDi, James?

ANDY: The reception to my 2007 Spring/Summer Collection was great! The demands exceeded my expectation, and as such both Seamour Sheep and House of Liu were sold out on the first few days.

JAMES: It seemed like the people liked them quite a bit. There were a lot of glees in people's voices as they pointed the figures out to each other. Even other artists were telling me how much they liked them once they found out that I was the artist behind the figures.

TRE: how did you feel having Mei Mei and DiDi in your hands, James?

JAMES: It was the first time that I saw the production pieces in person - with the complete packaging even. It was such an incredible feeling to hold them in my hands for the first time. Crazy Label did such a fantastic job with them!


TRE: did both you gentlemen enjoy the TTF? anything you liked and/or hated?

ANDY: Yeah I love it! I enjoyed every moment I am with the Taiwan fans. Of course, I love the foods in the night market too.

JAMES: I really enjoyed the show overall. I don't think I hated anything about it.

TRE: how would you improve on the TTF next year?

ANDY: I guess I need a bigger booth next year! I had a hard time putting all of my toys into the window display. :-P

TOYSREVIL: cheers for your time, Andy and James! congrats to you both for a successful show! and hope to be able to meet you guys one day :) - anything else you gents would like to add?

JAMES: I just want to give a huge shout out to Crazy Label for making a dream come true, W&K for letting me taking the time off from work, Formula Werks and Pixie Gallery for the free gear, Reni and Jump n Hop Studio for finding my camera, all the great people that I met, all the people that supported House of Liu, and of course Rose for coming along. Basement Royalty - rock on!

[images via/via/via]
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program. This affiliate advertising program also provides a means to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.

POPULAR-EST OF TOYSREVIL POSTS FOR THE PAST WEEK