bart qee custom by loungekat

TOYSREVIL: what's the name of your custom?

LOUNGEKAT: Sweet Dreams.


/// READ MORE HERE

TRE: how did the Bart Qee custom gig come about? what was the genesis?

LK: I'm not even sure... I got an e-mail from Matt Younger (Plastic Pimps/No Comply) telling me there was a Bart show and to send an e-mail to Raymond (Toy2R) if I was interested in participating, so I did that and included a picture of my Plastic Pimps Trexi, "Girls Best Friend", and a few weeks later Bart arrived on my doorstep.

TRE: what is your custom concept about?

LK: To tell you the truth, this was a hard one- Bart IS Bart.. He's been in my life for a good 16 years so coming up with an idea was hard! I also couldn't do anything too racy which is hard for me as the body of my work is made up of sexy half naked women.... So the only option I could think of was cute.

The ghost bunnies are a representation of things that scare kids at night that don't seem as scary when we grow up. Bart will forever be a kid so putting him into the 'all in one' pajamas seemed appropriate.


TRE: are you a Simpsons-fan?

LK: I'm partly a fan, I've seen a good majority of the episodes and I will be going to see the movie. Having the ability to quote the Simpsons seems to be an important part of social interaction these days.

TRE: do you think Bart is a pain-in-da-ass or is he misunderstood?

LK: He's a kid, so naturally he's both!

TRE: if you were a Simpsons-character, who would you wanna be and why?

LK: Ummm...I'm a bit like Laura Powers, the older girl next door that Bart gets a crush on, the one that ends up dating Jimbo Jones.. Yeah, that's me. I kinda sound like her too.

TRE: why do you think the Simpsons-character skin is yellow?

LK: It's not yellow, its gold!

TOYSREVIL: cheers for your time and trouble LK! in closing, please share with our readers, WHO IS LOUNGEKAT?

LOUNGEKAT: Well, I'm an Illustrator/ Designer from Melbourne, Australia. I've been producing work under the name of LoungeKat for 5 years (prints, badges & skateboards) with more designs available soon.

LoungeKat products are currently available for purchase from Villain
Villain
554 Sydney Rd, Brunswick,
Melbourne, Australia

Some of the shows I have been in are
- Plastic Pimps 2: My Trexi = Girls Best Friend
- Gimme Shelter, an exhibition travelling America Canada and the UK to raise money for the homeless.
- Dex - a skateboard exhibition in Queensland
- Little Monkey- A skateboard exhibition in Melbourne
- Curvy (One) A girls only exhibition by Design is Kinky and Yen magazine
- Plan B- An exhibition of illustration work by 'Bink' and I.

Upcoming shows are
- FreQuee- A custom Qee show that's being held at the Brisbane Powerhouse from the 27th of August to the 8th of September (With the opening night on the 31st) I'm customising a 9" Bunee Qee figure which is just awesome as I'm doing a collaboration with Sean Kelly (two Qee's as one piece)
- The Colour of Munny- A custom Munny Mobile exhibition held by Villain on Fri 14th Sept

And if that isn't enough in my *cough* spare time (?!) I'm getting together a small business selling artist edition badges with designs by the likes of Lerms / Paul Maybury / OkayBoss / BoT / Nar / Lonely Planet Girl and myself.
There's more information on most of these projects at www.loungekat.vox.com (which I try and update whenever I get a chance) and a folio of my Illustration work can be seen at www.loungekat.com.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program. This affiliate advertising program also provides a means to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.

POPULAR-EST OF TOYSREVIL POSTS FOR THE PAST WEEK