thirty-eight

a year ago today i blogged and listed thirty-seven favourite things of mine (in reference to my *cough-age-cough*) ... this year, i thought i'd make yet another list, this time of thirty-eight things (yes, da horror, da horror!) - but i couldn't really decide on WHAT ... 38-things i WISH for? 38-MOVIES i think are absolutely horrendous? 38-COMICBOOK titles i collect? 38-most precious TOYS in my collection? 38-top TOYS i really, really WANT? 38-WEBSITES i visit daily? ... the list is virtually endless ... but upon reflection; i couldn't help but feel "humbled" this past year and instead of raving/ranting/wishing of what i have/do not have/wish i had, i thought i'd share (with anyone's who's interested :p) 38-things in/about my LIFE (or at least today - with pictures :p) ...
/// CLICK HERE TO READ IF YOU DARE

In Random-Order:

what i was doing the entire birthday-night (past midnight) = my duo submission for the 400% NIKE Bearbrick Windrunner launch on October 1st (images to post soon) :p

quickie-sketch to let the organizers know which Bearbrick-customs are mine :p

i have a love/hate relationship with public buses - as much as i enjoy the lull-time spent travelling (as long as im not in a rush), so too i abhor the time "wasted" on it ... but i welcome the air-condition, as long as i have a magazine with me! most times it'll be a well-thumbed WIZARD-magazine :p

the view from inside the bus - on the outside are full-bus advertisement stickers, on the inside it blocks out the sun somewhat ... but the view is weird and surreal one, IMHO - life is already speeding by you in a blur and this does not help in watch the world go by LOL

i need my morning coffee. i am addicted to 3-in-1 coffee mix and cappucino, so much so anything outside/commercial (Starbucks etc) holds no appeal to me whatsoever :p

one of my one-true-loves, comicbooks ... all suffocating in acid-free comicbook-boxes (it's a lie, they still turn brown dammit) ... but the endless stacks of boxes means i don't really know where any particular comicbooks are at! i've been hankering to re-read Alan Moore's WATCHMEN again (original run) but i have no idea where they are now! LOL

yes, this is my workdesk, where i blog, take pictures of toys, customize/paint my toys = ALL-IN-ONE! (my one-man-sweatshop-station LOL) ... as much as i long for a bigger desk and work-area, this'll have to do for now :p

my dog DINO, hyper-dog and loves cuddles. she's an old dog. my cat MAO has ran away from my camera, so she can kiss her 5-minutes of fame goodbye! LOL

i am such a whore for 1/6th-scale furniture you do NOT know! LOL

a society's advancement can be seen from their lifts, especially residential ones, IMHO ... and yes, i live in the East of Singapore :p

a singular light in my bedroom-slash-grotto. it used to have a lampshade, but it's been so long since i removed it (for better light-spill) i don't even remember what it looked like! yes, tis an IKEA-lamp, like so many other households in Singapore LOL

i have since learnt NOT to claim: "im quitting smoking" ... now i say "i'm cutting down" ... or "taking a nicotine-sabbatical" ... one thin-irony is, if i say at home, i don't smoke, but once i go the great outdoors? i chain like a madman ... well, it sure beats standing around doing nothing innit? HAH :p

very rarely will you see an MRT-train (Mass-Rapid-Transit) this empty ... one of the perks staying in the East, when the train is the first and/or last stop :p (a few minutes after this pic was taken today, the sky darkened and rained cats and dogs LOL)

my self-bought birthday brunch, from a neighborhood pastry-shop ... it would've tasted nicer if i'd eaten it when it was warm tho :p

i look at my family's new plasma-tv and wonder what's the big fuss everyone's going-on about them ... i channel-surf becoz i get bored easily, i reckon tis the same for when im blogging, if i wait too long for a response or cannot find substansial information for an article, i give up and move on to the next news nugget LOL

i have near-ZERO display space, and these plastic and carton-coffins contain most of my designer vinyls, serious. yes, im the sort who "keeps it in the box" - but INSIDE of another box.

i've only (in the past coupla years) embraced SLIPPERS! used to be i never step out of the house other than in shoes or sneakers! but now? if i could wear slippers for any and all occasions, i'd be a happy camper! (same goes for bermudas) LOL

the only tangible outdoor area to spray my customs is right outside my front door, on-top of my clothes-drying-rack! just place newspapers on top and i am good to go! (which sometimes means no laundry drying LOL) :p

cutters and blades are very important to me (and my trade). with a mixture of permanent markers, which i "treasure" ... until recently i couldn't even afford to replenish my paints ... but i make do with what i have without compromising the design (which means being too stubborn to not change the design, and hence severely backlogged-customs :p)

a horrid mountain of 1/6th figures and mini-figures beside my Mac, the aftermath of any given photoshoot (no place else to keep them! LOL)

tupperware boxes for loose 1/6th-parts. and i have a shitte-load/stacks of them - hell, i could start a catering business with them LOL

my 14"-er tv at the foot of my bed. my refuge. my friend. and i cannot do without my dvds, even tho they've been recycled/watched to death :p

there's something comforting about a cheap digital-watch, which i wear with abandon everywhere, not content to be caught up in the material-world (sour-grapes i suspect :p) ... and some days, i even wear them while im blogging, so it would seem as if im actually blogging for a living! LOL

2 pairs of Hot Toy's feets. a birthday present for myself :p

... sorry folks, there's only 25-things i've listed (instead of 38), becoz there really isn't anything else! i no longer party, booze and and much as i do miss the material trappings and habits of bygone days, i find myself being comforted with the humbleness of everything around me now, and i am learning to embrace the simple things in life and trying not to be trapped by them (or so i tell myself :p); be it in the "real world" or "online" (imagine my self-inflicted pain of blogging about the toys i want but can not touch LOL - hell, i can't even upgrade my flickr-pro LOL) ... so maybe 25-things is better than nothing, yeh? *heh*
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program. This affiliate advertising program also provides a means to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.

POPULAR-EST OF TOYSREVIL POSTS FOR THE PAST WEEK