elephanthum by sjors trimbach (for limited edition)

NAME OF CUSTOM: Endangering species: Elephanthum
PURPOSE OF CUSTOM: Limited Edition show in Birmingham [tagged]

STORY OF CUSTOM: I wanted to make another figure like my Volkswalker. After a little brainstorm I came up with this. I hate Hummers so it was a challenge to work with that. My wife suggested to make a larger figure (I usually make small stuff). /// CLICK FOR MORE

I bought a tricked out model car and a fitting vinyl elephant and got to work. Trashing the car was fun as expected, cutting the head of the elephant felt weird. It made me think of the people who used to make umbrella standards from elephant legs. Horrible. Anyway, I'm intrigued by the coloring of kaiju toys and wanted to do something similar. I don't have an airbrush and started looking for an expert to help me out. Dick (from www.dunny.nl) sent me to Alex and after I explained what I was looking for, he got to work.

The color is fantastic and changes with the light. The pictures don't do it justice.

PRICE OF CUSTOM: 100- euro plus shipping. You get the figure and save some animals!

NAME OF CUSTOMIZER/S: Sjors aka Brickboy aka the second greatest customizer on the face of planet earth. Elephanthum-paintwork by Alex van Nieuwenhuyzen.

CUSTOMIZER'S MESSAGE TO THE WORLD: Don't buy a Hummer. It only proves you have way more money than taste.

CUSTOMS' MESSAGE TO THE WORLD: Cars are great but can also help great animals become extinct. Or maybe: I am just a freaking cool figure with a killer paintjob! :D

[peep more Elephanthum @ Sjors' flickr]
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program. This affiliate advertising program also provides a means to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.

POPULAR-EST OF TOYSREVIL POSTS FOR THE PAST WEEK