perk pioneer by adfunture

PERKBOYS

I first peeped "PERK BOY" (as he was named then) on adFunture circa November 2006 - back then he was a non-descript grey prototype, standing atop a mount of cloud, whose "Oriental-ness" was unmistakable and iconic, a lingering retro-feel of Chinese-Revolutionary heritage, subtly exploding amidst the canvas in which he had originated from. It's funny, as I saw he had a swimming-cap on, as opposed to a stylistic head of hair now.

Designed by Shanghai-design duo of You Zao [blog] and Wowo [blog] - collectively known as the design / art studio PERK - PERK PIONEER (as they are now known) are now manifest into 5 versions - standing 9cm / 3.5-inches tall, with articulated arms, and come blind-boxed (wish I had an image of the box tho) ... I wonder if he still stands on clouds or volcano-mounts tho ...

/// CLICK THRU for individual profiles/names of Perk Pioneer.

Personally, I feel he/they is/are one of the most stylish Chinese-inspired product / toy-figurine I've witnessed in a long while now, IMHO. And as I stumble thru my careless words trying to explain why they appeal to me (or maybe tis my innate Teochew-Chinese-ness LOL), perhaps it'll be just easier to say: I Liiiike! LOL .. hope i can find them in Singapore tho ...

PERK-KNOW
PERK-DOLLAR
PERK-WANG
PERK-KEEP
PERK-GREEN
perkpioneers

[pics via]
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program. This affiliate advertising program also provides a means to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.

POPULAR-EST OF TOYSREVIL POSTS FOR THE PAST WEEK