Brandt Peter's Cackle Factory @ Gallery 1988 LA (Feb 3-27)


WHAT: CACKLE FACTORY ~ a solo exhibition by Brandt Peters
WHEN: Tuesday, February 3 at 7:00pm (exhibits thru Feb 27, 2009)
WHERE: Gallery 1988 [www]
7020 Melrose Avenue
Los Angeles, CA 90038
(323) 937-7088

TRE-IMPRESSIONS: It would be outright wankerish of me to dare critique Brandt's art, having only seen them online and not in-person (just like me seeing toy-pics online versus holding them in my hands) - but from what I've been seeing thus far, tis a innate melodical quality that both draws me in, and at the same time slices thru my subconscious desires ~ CLICK THRU for preview images and words from Jensen of G1988 & Brandt himself.



Jensen Karp of Gallery1988 mentions on his blog: "Since I'm the only guy privileged enough to have seen all the work, I'm the only guy who knows how cohesive and impressive the thematic tone of the show is. Brandt has employed the creepy, yet happily alluring, backdrop of abandoned playgrounds and circus carnivals to play home base for a set of characters both familiar and new to the artist's body of work. Even utilizing the show's title, "Cackle Factory," plays into this idea, since the term is a 1940's slang term for an asylum." [Read the rest of Jensen's impressions here]



Brandt mentions on his blog: "Tuesday, February 3rd from 7-10 PM marks my reception opening for my solo exhibition, CACKLE FACTORY. This will be my second solo show, but the first for the west cost. I will be flying in for the reception... so please be cool and DO NOT bring your toys or other collectibles to the gallery for me or Kathie to sign - this is a formal viewing of my art... (However, if you find yourself in New York during ComiCon on Feb 7 - I will have a toy release and will be signing and sketching.)"

Serv-O-Matics-01
Serv-O-Matics mini-figures from MINDstyle, perhaps? Would really be nice tho, IMHO :p
Serv-O-Matics-02
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program. This affiliate advertising program also provides a means to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.

POPULAR-EST OF TOYSREVIL POSTS FOR THE PAST WEEK