Star Wars Galaxy 4 Sketch Cards Q&A with MAD

I remember my first ever Q&A with MAD aka Jeremy Madl was about his custom-Vader helmet for The Vader Project (back in 2007). A familiar name to the Vinyl-Crowd (an understatement / CLICK for MAD-on-TRE) - MAD tackles both Vader and Storm Troopers in the new Star Wars Galaxy 4 Die-Cut trading card series by TOPPS [TAGGED] and TRE is here to bug him once again!

[CLICK THRU TO READ]

TOYSREVIL: WHO is MAD? (and no, that's not a rhetorical question ;p)

MAD: I'm an illustrator/ toy designer based in the US. As a day job I run both MAD Toy Design and SOLID Industries where I design and manufacture limited edition products. I have a wonderful wife and 3 amazing kids (and another on the way) that keep me motivated to be better than the day before.

TOYSREVIL: WHAT was the inspiration behind your sketches? What was the concept you had wanted to portray?

MAD: I wanted to keep the whole run very loose and free, but still maintain a common look throughout. Used some stencils and some overspray to create the "looseness" but then when doing the hand draw "face" on each card, I tried to keep similar to a quick tag.


TOYSREVIL: What was the medium you used? And how long did they take? Are you happy with the result? And how many cards did you do?

MAD: I used a mix of spray paint, ink, and markers. I did each style of cards at the same time to keep them similar... I think in all it took a few hours to do all 100 cards. (including the signing on back) I'm pretty happy with how they turned out, hopefully the peeps who pull one like it!

TOYSREVIL: What is the Best and Worst memory of Star Wars you have?

MAD: SW has been a staple my whole life. I remember being a kid and seeing the movies at the theater and just being completely blown away. It was over then and there. Worst memory... loosing my entire collection to a storage fire (I had EVERYTHING... still sad about that one)...

TOYSREVIL: Oh man, that is one galactic-ouch! Unto "happier" happenstance - If you could be a Star Wars character (from the 6 movies) - who will you be, and why?

MAD: Pffft. Easy. VADER! No one messed with that dude! 2nd choice would be Obi Wan from Episode 1.... cause I'd a killed Jar Jar then and there to save us all the pain of having to watch him!!!

[Ebay Images via here / here]
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program. This affiliate advertising program also provides a means to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.

POPULAR-EST OF TOYSREVIL POSTS FOR THE PAST WEEK