Star Wars Galaxy 4 Sketch Cards Q&A with Pro Wolf Master aka Gio Chiappetta

Pin-up girls with Sithlord and Storm Trooper-heads were the icons of choice for the artist named PROWOLFMASTER - as done for the Die-Cut sketch cards from the TOPPS-released Star Wars Galaxy 4 trading cards series. Find out what had inspired Gio Chiappetta in the creation of these images, as well as info on how to get a little piece of what had gone into the creation of his set.

[CLICK THRU TO READ]

TOYSREVIL: WHO is Prowolfmaster?

GIO CHIAPPETTA: Pro Wolf Master was a Hong Kong based label I was doing a few years back. It started as a collective of friends doing art and design and struggled to grow into a brand. We did a few cool things and I recently put it aside. I guess Sucklord felt that had more clout than Gio Chiappetta, I'm doing my own thing now. Google it.

TOYSREVIL: WHAT was the inspiration and concept behind your artwork for the Die-Cut cards?

GIO CHIAPPETTA: Fan boys are amazing. I originally wanted to do photo transfers on the cards of naked girls in Darth Vader and Storm Trooper masks, nothing groundbreaking just something fun, the transfers didn't work so I ended up making stamps out of some imagery I slopped together. There's really no crazy concept behind these cards. I just wanted to make something that would give fan boys a hard on.

GIO-SW

TOYSREVIL: What was the medium you used? And how long did they take? Are you happy with the result? How many cards did you do?

GIO CHIAPPETTA: Custom rubber stamps and ink. I've really been getting into DIY lately so this was a fun project. I originally wanted to stamp my name on the back of the cards, but the ink wouldn't take to the wax coating so I ended up having to sign the cards on the front, which I really don't like the look of. I did 106 cards total.

PROWOLFMASTER-02

TOYSREVIL: Any favourite card in the series you've created? Or artwork from other artists?

GIO CHIAPPETTA: A few are 1 of 2, those I like. The ones with Darth Vader on a Storm Trooper card and vice versa. I also really like JK5's cards.


TOYSREVIL: What is the Best and Worst memory of Star Wars you have? And if you could be a Star Wars character (from the 6 movies) - who will you be, and why?

GIO CHIAPPETTA: I've actually never seen Star Wars. I don't like sci-fi. I used to collect comic books though. (And) I'd be an Ewok.

PROWOLFMASTER-01

HEADS-UP: Here's an opportunity to own a part of the production process of ProWolfMaster's cards = Gio is selling copies of the Storm Trooper and Darth Vader rubber stamps he'd used to create the cards! Drop him an email at: giovanni [at] prowolfmaster.com if you folks are interested in buying a rubber stamp. Dun mean you can go off and create more cards tho - but you'd be able to have dancing Sith-lords and Clones anywhere you want! LOL
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program. This affiliate advertising program also provides a means to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.

POPULAR-EST OF TOYSREVIL POSTS FOR THE PAST WEEK