Recognizing Dummy Dunnys With TOYSREVIL

DUMMY-DUNNY

On my recent trip to Bandung, Indonesia last October 2009, I managed to score myself a "Dummy" Dunny aka bootleg! While bootlegs have existed for quite a while now, this is the first time I've personally come across one, in hand ... unfortunately there was only one single box left taunting me from the toyshop display shelf (yes, I would have bought them all, to use as custom parts, of course), and all I can do now is to present to you, my dear faithful readers, a visual-guide to bootleg Dunnys LOL ~ CLICK THRU for more!

DUMMY-DUNNY-01

PACKAGING-BOX: The box itself was perhaps the funniest aspect of the bootleg figure ~ featuring one-part Dunny, one-part "Dalek-series", complemented with a wallpaper-ish design and pseudo-legit "Kidrobot" trademarks and all at the base. One would imagine that since you've gone so far, might as well put in a little bit more of "effort" to sweeten the rip-off, innit? heh.

DUMMY-DUNNY-02
DUMMY-DUNNY-03

THE-FIGURE: Looks like a Dunny, but sure as heck does not feel like a Dunny. Made of softer material and more squishable than your average Dunny, the surface was a tad sticky to the touch .. although I highly doubt t'was the efforts of an over-enthusiastic pre-mature Dunny-collector, it is the paint-app (which was horrendous btw) ~ that could be both a bane and boon. "Boon" because it might be easier to remove the paint from, for subsequent customizing/painting on, innit? heh. And yes, the arms are soft-squishy-vinyl, and the embossed KR-stamp at the base of the figure was a "nice touch". heh.

DUMMY-DUNNY-04
TRUE DUNNY / DUMMY DUNNY - VISUAL COMPARISON:
DUMMY-DUNNY-05

FAKING-IT: How different is a Dummy Dunny from the true product? Peep these images and discern for yourselves, besides me stating the obvious difference of height and tummy-size (which I just did! Oops? :p). Be mindful of whatcha be buying, folks!

DUMMY-DUNNY-06
DUMMY-DUNNY-07
DUMMY-DUNNY-08

ADDED: Vadim has left a comment on my TOYSREVIL-Fanpage that the bootleg-Dunny shown above is in fact a duplicate of the first series featuring Daleks, and that the form is accurate, in that aspect, as compared to the later Dunny-releases. Can anyone else authenticate this, please? Thanks :)
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program. This affiliate advertising program also provides a means to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.

POPULAR-EST OF TOYSREVIL POSTS FOR THE PAST WEEK