Custom-Showcase: Popeye by Southerndrawl (For "5-Eyed Dragon")

POPEYE-SOUTHERNDRAWL

To be frank, before I'd spotted this custom-Da Minci on Southerndrawl's facebook-album, I had plain forgotten about the classic-cartoon POPEYE The Sailorman! An old fav from my childhood, the adventures of the spinach-guzzling anti-hero had disappeared amidst the veil of the new-fangled CGI-animation dazzle, and the allure of Japanese anime, IMHO. So instead of blabbing on about how awesome-cool and perfect-fit this custom on a Tim Tsui-figure is, I'd simply like to thank Southerndrawl, for helping me remember a lil'piece of my childhood! I Yam What I Yam, And That's All That I Yam!

You are recommended to CLICK THRU to view more snaps (and no, I do not think it "sacrilegious" that the can of spinach is replaced by a can of beer ~ who guzzles spinach nowadays anyways? heh)




This 10" tall POPEYE custom is Southerndrawl's second piece completed for the upcoming "5-Eyed Dragon Show" at Dragatomi [tagged] launching April 10th. The first custom completed for the show was Ferdinand The Bullabit posted here :)

TAGLINE: "After popeye stopped acting, he never touched another can of spinach again, got the tats he wanted and started hitting the sauce."

Now, I've suddenly got a'hankerin' to watch the big-screen version of POPEYE potrayed by Robin Williams and directed by Robert Altman [wiki] and it's all Southerndrawl's "fault"! LOL

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program. This affiliate advertising program also provides a means to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.

POPULAR-EST OF TOYSREVIL POSTS FOR THE PAST WEEK