Q&A + Previews For "Doing Business as Leecifer" Solo Show @ Super7

Long_Dog

TOYSREVIL: How do you feel about your current work? Especially paintings, as opposed to customed-toys (which are actually "paintings" but on a 3D-canvas).

LEECIFER: The current body of work feels like a destination for me. It's been a long haul w/ just as many failures as successes. But I finally feel like I've got the proper "voice" to my work that I've been searching for. I'm now comfortable and confident in my skill set, collection of techniques and subject matter. I hope/believe my work will continue to evolve as I learn/add new facets to what I do, but I couldn't be happier w/ where I'm at currently.

CLICK THRU for more words with Lee G. Gajda aka Leecifer, whose "Doing Business as Leecifer" Solo Show launched July 10th @ Super7 [Previously blogged] and will continue to exhibit thru the month of July 2010.

Goat_Wins_King_of_the_Bird

TOYSREVIL: An exploration? An evolution? Or just a slice of life from where you are now, artistically? Where is Leecifer now? And where does Leecifer go from here?

LEECIFER: Last time I had a show at Super7 I did more than 60 custom toys so I suspect the locals were shocked to see giant paintings this time around. Glenn (Super7 president) was more than willing to give me the opportunity to showcase art in an effort to court other galleries and as the response was very positive - I just can't thank him and Super7 enough.

I will always relish customizing toys and have no intention of forgoing my current commission list in exchange for 2-d work, but will welcome opportunities to show new paintings as much as possible.


We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program. This affiliate advertising program also provides a means to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.

POPULAR-EST OF TOYSREVIL POSTS FOR THE PAST WEEK