2009 Design-a-Lovely Cup of Tea Competition by Lunartik

The winner of the Design-a-Lovely Cup of Tea Competition was picked last year in December and Matt JOnes aka Lunartik promised that the winner would have there entry made for them. The competition saw over 70 entries for the prize but there could only be one true winner. The winner was: Jason Davies AKA JAD with the amazing "English Breakfast Tea" [blogged].
ENGLISH-BREAKFAST

Shown here exclusively are the images of the Winning toy, which Matt had just finished fabricating it. "I really loved this entry, it's so English & so very quirky! I esspecially like the clever use of the head and the eyes making this toaster creation really come to life!" ~ says, Matt.

So put on the kettle, ready your tea-bags and CLICK THRU for a closer-look at English Breakfast, along with words from Jason.

EnglishBreakfast002
EnglishBreakfast003
[FYI: The custom piece is based on a Lunartik Milky DIY figure]
EnglishBreakfast001

QUESTION: How did you came up with the idea and the design of the English Breakfast Tea?

JASON DAVIES: "It was just happenstance that I came accross the contest, I was actually in the middle of customizing three toys for my family as christmas presents, and after countless hours of sculpting i decided to take a small break to check out the Lunartik website since i was thinking of putting a Lunartik on my christmas list. Thats when I saw the Design A Lovely Cuppa Tea contest.

I really had no true inspiration for The English Breakfast, like most of my best ideas it just came to me out of thin air. As if a light bulb went off in my head, the perfect idea hit me.

The Lunartik has such a perfectly shaped head for a toaster, i could just see this image in my head of the Lunartik as a toaster swimming in his cup of English Breakfast tea with a couple little english muffins sticking out the top of his head. It just made for such a brilliant concept in my head that I couldn't pass up the opportunity to lay it down on paper and get it in for the contest.

P.S. Don't forget that a mans happiness depends on a good English Breakfast Tea becuse he can't survive on an english muffin alone."


EnglishBreakfast000
[Above: Original wining design submission]
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program. This affiliate advertising program also provides a means to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.

POPULAR-EST OF TOYSREVIL POSTS FOR THE PAST WEEK