CLEA 2010 - CE Battle Artist Feature: Sikan Techakaruha from Thailand

STUDIO-AIKO-CLEA

Our Q&A-feature of Artists/Designers for the CE Battle happening at CLEA 2010 www / tagged] next showcases work from Sikan Techakaruha AKA S.Aiko from Studioaiko (who designed the CE mascot!) from Thailand, and is one of the two ladies to be engaged in "design-combat" from September 3rd to 5th @ Royal Paragon Hall - Siam Paragon, Bangkok, Thailand!

[CLICK THRU to read]

CE-SIKAN

TOYSREVIL: What was the concept of your chosen CE-design submission?

S.AIKO: I thought it would be funny if I created a CE toy to look like me. I love to use "lovely Skull symbolic" to represent myself. I also love to add the Logo name "S.Aiko" and the cross black-white pattern in my design work. That's it! I'm proud to tell you that the CE toy was my first custom toy that I had painted. It's fun!

6SkullRabbit

TOYSREVIL: What is your "Plan Of Battle"?

S.AIKO: I have no plan at all. I just want to share the experience with friends. It would be a pleasure to work with Patricio (Oliver). He is a great designer.

3papertoy

TOYSREVIL: What are your design influences (as an artist)? How do you engage a custom toy / your process of work? What is your preferred or signature style of customization?

S.AIKO: I have a lot idol artists for example Hayao Miyazaki, Tim Burton, Jon Burgerman, Nathan Jurevicius,Takeshi Murakami and many more..

I first started to look through YOUTUBE for videos about "custom toy tutorials". Then when it came my turn to customize, I started from my sketch and painted it part by part, slow slow but sure. Finally I used Felt material to give the CE toy a softer look.

5CE

TOYSREVIL: How does it feel to have a StudioAiko mascot design being made into a toy for CLEA?

S.AIKO: I'm very proud of it and feel very lucky.


1IMG_8601

TOYSREVIL: What are you looking forward to do for CLEA? And for this event in Thailand?

S.AIKO: I'm looking forward to have fun and enjoy a good experience from CLEA2010. Let's Rock!

6PlushYeti

TOYSREVIL: Share with us, who you are (name/nick)? And what's the next project people should look out for from you?

S.AIKO: Hi,hi. I'm Sikan Techakaruha, AKA S.Aiko or Ai from Studioaiko. Coming up next ...... ummm my new t-shirt design called "Skulldiy : Scream shot". I've been renovating my website at www.studioaiko.com, I think it would be finish soon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program. This affiliate advertising program also provides a means to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.

POPULAR-EST OF TOYSREVIL POSTS FOR THE PAST WEEK